Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I keep my back tire at 41 like manual says , if I don't keep it on the center stand every day in like 3 days I have to add like 2-3 lbs of air , did any of you guys notice this before ? Or I might have a slow leak

· Super Moderator
10,436 Posts
I sometimes have to add air if my bike sits for 10 days or so. Sometimes I have it on the center stand and sometimes just on the kickstand. No rhyme or reason why. so I just always check them before a trip and do wha't necessary.

· Registered
631 Posts
I also noticed that my pressure was slightly lower everytime I checked. However, since I got the Doran tire pressure monitor, my pressure stays the same (according to the monitor). My guess is that every time I checked the pressure, enough air escaped to lower my pressure by 1-2 psi. Now I just check the tire pressure before I ride by looking at the digital display. Otherwise, it was routine to set tire pressure before every ride.

· Administrator
29,747 Posts
Gordo, Like Two Wheel says mine fluctuate as well. Air in the tires are temperature affected. Rise/Fall in temps will cause pressure to fluctuate. The one way you can stop this is to take all the air out & run Nitrogen in the tires. That will not be affected by temps. I've seen where some Tire shops & I believe one of the big Convience store chains (WAWA?) are now using Nitrogen.

What I do is what Charlie does. When I'm going to ride I check the tire pressures.

P.S. Tire Management is also Key to higher mileage use of tires.

· Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was a little concerned to lose 4 lbs in 2 days , it never happens when I put it on the center stand only when it sits while on the kick stand

· Premium Member
24,819 Posts
I had a $9 digital pressure gauge that I discovered was giving me inaccurate readings. Trashed it and have another $9 digital gauge that has been consistent and trustworthy so far.

· Premium Member
24,019 Posts
My bike consistantly lost 2-4 psi after sitting the better part of a week whenit was new. Now, it hardly loses any pressure at all. Doesn't matter whether I use a guage or go by the TPMS, it's consistant now. I think it just takes some time for the beads to seat properly on a new bike. Having said that, if your bike sits for extended periods of time, the pressure is far more likely to drop.

· Premium Member
24,819 Posts
Let's compare tire pressure notes. I just came back from my local Goodyear shop and we took out the valve stems to deflate the tires, re-installed the stems and filled with nitrogen. After a brisk 3 mile highway speed ride home I checked the pressure: 42 psi front; 36 psi rear.( remember I'm running a car tire ) Just where I want them to be. I'll check tomorrow morning and post my readings. P.S. Bike will sit on the center stand.

· Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I rode my bike to OC Maryland (153 mile ride) thursday night , I'm leaving tomorrow morning to go back home on it , bike has been on center stand since ice been here , I'm going to check Preasure in am and I'll post what comes up

· Premium Member
7,105 Posts
Mine does the same thing. Rear tire always loses an lb. or 2.

· Premium Member
24,819 Posts
Gentleman: At precisely 0730 ( EST ) tomorrow take a reading of your tire pressure and post it on this thread. If possible, do a mid- day -directly -after- a- ride reading and a good night reading.

· Premium Member
24,819 Posts
Checked pressure this morning at 0700. Front 37.5: Rear 31.5 . I'm thinking some of those nitrogen molecules stayed up late last night. I'll recheck this afternoon.

· Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm going to be a rebel today and not check mine till 7.45 am

· Super Moderator
10,436 Posts
Here was another rebel. And we know where that got him.
Hey Lee, that looks like you from last Sunday morning..... Except for the hair.... LOL

· Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

· Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Someone who lost control of his vehicle reportedly due to his refusal to check his tire pressure before his ride.
i was just messing with ya i knew who he was

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.