Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have people been getting for tire life on the stock Bridgestones? I realize it has to do with many factors such as temp, riding style, etc. I am just looking for some general numbers.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
2012 bought 7/2/11, changed the stock stones at 12K back in april.

·
Premium Member
6,717 Posts
I have never gotten more than 10,000 miles from my tires. I also ride a little harder than most....I am also on my third set of front brake pads.

Mark

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
12k is pretty much max for a set of tires on an 1800, regardless of brand.

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Larry are you the only one coming to the meet and greet that runs darkside? I'd like to get an opinion on the handling difference now that I've got the 'stones on. Frankly I'm amazed with them as to how good they handle.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Why do they not make a run flat motorcycle tire????

I like the idea of the run flat but can't convince myself to put on the car tire.

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
That's a good question BM. Might be a cost thing or comfiguration issues.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
Why do they not make a run flat motorcycle tire????

I like the idea of the run flat but can't convince myself to put on the car tire.
The next time you are close to Dan, get with him and switch bikes to see how his bike responds to his Dunlop Wintersport Run Flat. You might be surprised on how responsive it really is.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
The next time you are close to Dan, get with him and switch bikes to see how his bike responds to his Dunlop Wintersport Run Flat. You might be surprised on how responsive it really is.
That's a good idea, thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.