Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I could use a 120-90 18 tire on the front of a 96 GL1500? I need a front tire and happen to have a new 120. Thanks for any advice.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
I was wondering if I could use a 120-90 18 tire on the front of a 96 GL1500? I need a front tire and happen to have a new 120. Thanks for any advice.
It is the load and speed rating that makes the difference.... not the width or height of the tire. You have to check that particular tire out and see if it will match up to others that are specified to the 1500.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
you are referring to the ply rating. b=4 c=6

you need to look very close at the weight rating for the specific tire. what is the brand name and make of the tire. look that up along with the size.... it will tell you the speed and the weight of the tire.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
if the tire is taller than what is stock make sure you have clearance between the tire and fender

·
Super Moderator
11,798 Posts
Can you replace a tire with a load rating of b with one that has a load rating of c? Thanks
A "C" has a higher load rating, but as been said before, watch the clearance.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
ply rating and weight rating are completely different. just because it has a 6 ply rating does not make it capable of caring more weight. You have to see what that specific tire is rated for WEIGHT and speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts