Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I have a 1985 Interstate with 100k. It looks and runs like new but I'm not going to ride anymore until I get the timing belts replaced. I'm owner #4 and I don't know the histroy. This bike is in too good of shape to take a chance anymore.
I live in central KY. If anyone knows of a shop that you would trust to work on your pride and joy, I would love hear from you. IM me with a name and number
Thanks and have a Great 2011 riding season!
Eric

·
Registered
67 Posts
Eric, I'm from Va and the Honda dealers here won't work on a bike that old (some won't work on any bike more than 10 years old).

If you are handy with a wrench and can read instructions, it's fairly easy to do it yourself. I replaced mine as soon as I purchased it last year with 45k miles.

Here's are the instructions that I used:

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum9/17422.html

The instructions are for a GL1000, but they Gl1200 is done exactly the same way.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
A lot of dealers will not work on an older bike, call them and ask them if they will, some still do. If not, and you don't want to do it yourself find an independent shop, most of them will work on it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
A lot of dealers will not work on an older bike, call them and ask them if they will, some still do. If not, and you don't want to do it yourself find an independent shop, most of them will work on it.
Dealers employ cheap labor, ok, certified cheap labor, that have no idea or can care less. If you can't fix it, don't sit on it.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
If you can't fix it, don't sit on it.
I guess this means we all should have gone to Med school and became a proctologist..:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts