Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the timing belts replaced on my 97 SE, Only 40,000 miles but I figured being 13 yrs old I had better replace them. Let me tell ya - You can barely tell the old one from the new one. Not a crack or thread anywhere, even the gasket looks new. I think thats pretty amazing for a 13 year old belt. I guess they are made pretty well.
I thought I would pass that along.

·
Super Moderator
10,053 Posts
I think the Honda recomendation is 80k miles or 8 years. So even though you had the years you can see that the belts would easily go 80k without any problems. Ride safe...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a few other things done at the same time - Since they were down there I had the coolant flushed & also the clutch fluid flushed & fuel filter - Total $263. They said around 3 hours for the belt, $60/hour. I bought the belts & gaskets on line at CheapCycleParts.com - $152

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
timing belts part #t275 gates, #250275 napa, #40275 goodyear

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
just remember honda makes motorcycles the belts are out sourced from a company like gates

·
Super Moderator
7,615 Posts
I replace the timing belts on my 1993 Aspencade last year and one was delaminating and cracked the other was fine. I kept hearing a ticking sound on the left side and when the belts were replaced the sound went away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.