Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've owned this this a week or so. And i can say with absolute resolve that after doing both, i would rather change the timing belts long before i rebuild the rear master cylinder.
The timing belts took me about 1.5 hours of enjoyable wrenching.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations!!
Hope you have many safe and happy miles.
Cheers! Tires next, then maybe a short weekend trip with the wife. New Orleans?

·
Super Moderator
27,608 Posts
Well, I've owned this this a week or so. And i can say with absolute resolve that after doing both, i would rather change the timing belts long before i rebuild the rear master cylinder.
The timing belts took me about 1.5 hours of enjoyable wrenching.
Easy peasy, huh???

And now great peace of mind too.:wink2:

·
Super Moderator
13,836 Posts
New Orleans is a good place to visit. In that area is also Natchez. Smaller town but interesting sites and good roads in the area. I must have missed where you live, but if a short trip to New Orleans is near you, then we can't be too far from each other. I'm in central Mississippi now, but planning on a retirement move in the next year to south end of the state.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New Orleans is a good place to visit. In that area is also Natchez. Smaller town but interesting sites and good roads in the area. I must have missed where you live, but if a short trip to New Orleans is near you, then we can't be too far from each other. I'm in central Mississippi now, but planning on a retirement move in the next year to south end of the state.
I work out of Asheville nc and reside in spartanburg sc. Thanks for the advise, I'll reach out to you when we figure it out and perhaps our paths will cross👍

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[/quote]

Easy peasy, huh???

And now great peace of mind too./forums/images/GoldwingOwners_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/QUOTE]
It really wasn't bad. The only thing i did that wasn't in the manual was to disconnect the clutch side exhaust cool air flex tube. That freed up the space needed to easily slide the cover out.

·
Super Moderator
13,836 Posts
I work out of Asheville nc and reside in spartanburg sc. Thanks for the advise, I'll reach out to you when we figure it out and perhaps our paths will cross👍
Let me know when you come this way. There are a few curvy roads if you get off the highways. You live in a great area for riding. We had a Meet-n-Greet last year in Banner Elk, NC and I ride through western NC as often as possible. My bucket list has a number of Revolutionary War sites in SC to visit, maybe next year......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me know when you come this way. There are a few curvy roads if you get off the highways. You live in a great area for riding. We had a Meet-n-Greet last year in Banner Elk, NC and I ride through western NC as often as possible. My bucket list has a number of Revolutionary War sites in SC to visit, maybe next year......
My daughter is a revolutionary war reenactor. Part of the sc regiment. Lots of fun to watch and learn. They get pretty serious about.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
I ride out of Charlotte, gradually working my way westward on the BRP. Would be good to meet up with a fellow 'Winger at some point.

·
Super Moderator
13,836 Posts
My daughter is a revolutionary war reenactor. Part of the sc regiment. Lots of fun to watch and learn. They get pretty serious about.
I've attended many Civil War reenactments, but not Revolutionary War events. That looks interesting. I would also do something like that if I didn't spend all my money on riding motorcycles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts