Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just purchased a '99 1500 SE. It has 110,000 miles on it, and I believe the timing belt should be changed. Anyone have any experience in this department? At what mileage did you change yours? Did you do it yourself? What about the tensioners, should they be changed as well?

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ontario Canada!:D If you do a search there is an excellent step by step on that..very informative.:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a 95 Aspy 1500 45K miles and am also considering a timing belt change.I have done a little reading and web research. I'm a little intimidated I'm not sure if this is something I want to try with my nack for screwing things up. I'm probably going to wait till next year do a little more research and maybe get a shop estimate and go from there.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Lunger, if you have basic skills it's not that bad. Like anything else, the first time is a little slow. This isn't hard and if you are just careful not to bump anything, it is easy enough. 65 bucks, half a day on Saturday and you have peace of mind.

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I have a 1993 and they were changed at 58,000 +/- miles, I was glad I changed them when I did as one was beginning to separate would have been lousy if it broke.
I would say, 'Change them', it will give you peace of mind. These are interference engines.

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Timing Belt

Thank you to all who responded. Your replies and suggestions were very helpful and much appreciated. I'll start ordering parts.

Rick

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Atta boy Rick! Patience and being methodical pays off, welcome along.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
cross reference the belt online and you will be able to find it in many auto parts stores.

I going to go out on a limb here and predict that Cantankerous will see this post and have the exact part number you need.

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
A Wing and a Pair,

NAPA Auto Parts also sells them.

Part Number: NBH 250275

(213) 749-3838 - 825 E Washington Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90021

1 - 13 of 13 Posts