Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
40 years of pictures of the gold wing as appeared each year.

Thought it might be as interesting to you as it was to me. Just a trip down memory lane

·
Super Moderator
7,646 Posts
The History of the Goldwing is always a welcome and good video.
Thank you for sharing.

·
Administrator
25,937 Posts
Good vid. Our scoot is more than what's on the road now.

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
those pic's are from the book " goldwing 20th anneversery ' and if you read the book you'll find that the m1 ( first pic ) was not a goldwing but more of an engineering exercise and a test mule

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
This is very funny (to me at least). The last part of the video you could here the wing running. My dog's ears perked up and he headed for the back door but then he stopped and looked at me like, wait a minute how are you here, your supposed to be walking in after I hear that???? Now he is just looking at the door and then me...This is funny.
That 72 WOW that looked scary didnt it? Love the video thanks and now my dog doesnt like you! LOL :D Yall please ride safe

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is very funny (to me at least). The last part of the video you could here the wing running. My dog's ears perked up and he headed for the back door but then he stopped and looked at me like, wait a minute how are you here, your supposed to be walking in after I hear that???? Now he is just looking at the door and then me...This is funny.
That 72 WOW that looked scary didnt it? Love the video thanks and now my dog doesnt like you! LOL :D Yall please ride safe
That is funny. Sorry, didn't mean to upset the dog. I loved the song with the video, Spending too much money on my wing but don't care what they say. True True True. My first wing was an 82 then an 84 now a 96. Before that was a 74 750, before that a 1963 harley, before that was my uncle"s Indian Chief. So happy. Great life.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
those pic's are from the book " goldwing 20th anneversery ' and if you read the book you'll find that the m1 ( first pic ) was not a goldwing but more of an engineering exercise and a test mule
Didn't know that. Sure was ugly, glad they redesigned them over the years

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
Didn't know that. Sure was ugly, glad they redesigned them over the years
the m1 was never designed with sales in mind it was just a test bed for new technology by honda. the m1 motor was put in a modded 1200 wing frame to test what a 6cyl wing would be like

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Not biased on anything like that but the 1500 is the best looking to me. Well, maybe a tiny bit biased. How about you Jack?

·
Administrator
25,937 Posts
I actually like the side profile of the 2012, always did; it's the rear that leaves me a bit cold. The old trunk should have never been put on it. I'd have sharpened the edges a bit and used a molded in lip on the upper rear edge (spoiler and light) so that it ties in better with the back of the bags. I'm hoping that the designers also take a page out of the HD book and hinge the trunk on the side so you can open the lid without worrying about the armrrests we all love so much. That's assuming that they're actually actively redesigning our 10 year old model...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not biased on anything like that but the 1500 is the best looking to me. Well, maybe a tiny bit biased. How about you Jack?
Agreed, not the bit biased, but especially the Sierra Pearl Green ones. LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts