Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The little lady and I are considering buying a new touring bike. We have ridden H-Ds for years and now want to increase our comfort. We rented a Goldwing GL1800 last weekend and had a small problem, my wife found the extreme reclining position to be very uncomfortable for her. Has anyone else had trouble with this? Is there an easy solution to help her sit more upright? Thanks for your help and suggestions!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think Wingstuff.com has a backrest to add comfort for the passenger. On my GL1500, I had a seat custom made by Russell All-day seats. For a few extra dollars they will design the passenger seat just for her. I don't have my GL1800 yet, so I don't know if we will need a custom seat or not - going to try stock for a while to see.

There are quite a few members of this forum who have had HDs. For comfort, the Goldwing is IT!

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
I don't have an 1800 but several of my riding buddies do. At least two of them had the passenger back rest re-worked to give it a more up right position that bulge in the lower back just isn't comfortable for some women.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
And pics of the finnished result too;)

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Hartco makes a great product although the seat on my 1500 didn't have the backrest from them it was just the cover over the stock backrest. The seat is of superior construction so I can imagine that the passenger backrest would be as well.

Good Luck on your quest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.