Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thursday is Veterans Day, How many of you are Veterans.

U.S.Air Force, Radar Tech. May 1961 - October 1970.

I Salute you, All that have served and All that are serving

Veterans= All Gave Some, Some Gave All

Ride Safe my friends
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
473 Posts
I am ashamed to say I neglected service for a woman, I was a signature away from the Marines, should have gone with the Marines!;) But then again, had things not gone the way they did, I would not have met my best friend, partner and spouse of soon to be 21years.:eek:
My Father (21yrs), son (6yrs) and daughter-in-law (4yrs) have all served in the USAF. God Bless them and God Bless all of you who have served this wonderful country. Thank You All!

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
My uncle was in the service stationed at CFB Cold Lake his entire career, and my great grandfather was a Civil War Vet from Spencer Iowa. Blessings on all who serve(d), and especially those who paid the ultimate price for us.

·
Super Moderator
10,006 Posts
Pennsylvania Army National Guard / Special Reserve Forces, 1965 - 1974.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
USMC. 1974- 1980. Aviation ordnance. AV-8A Harrier and F-4 Phantom. Our moto was : " If you ain't ordnance , you ain't sh!t ".

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts
Thanks to all of you guys for your service.

Deaf Ear kept me out in '75. Even tried to fake my way in, but it didn't work. My Pop was a 23yr Air Force guy Tech Sgt Radar Ops.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am not a Vet. I am truly thankful for all of you. From the combat vet to the mechanics, computer programmers, quarter masters, etc...Thank you for our freedom.

Last year I was invited to ride in Tulsa's Vets parade, as a supporter. I was honored and it was a very humbling experience.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
thank for your service guys and have a happy veterans day

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
My whole family served except myself due to scoliosis which I thought was bull but the Marine Recruiter said that is why I failed the physical. Anyway I truly want to thank all who have served no matter what capacity, you are all heroes in my book!!!!

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Thank you, one and all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I started riding in 1960. My mother bought me my first motorcycle. In 1964 I joined the Army and landed in the Army Security Agency (ASA all the way). We were the forerunners for what has become the National Security Agency (NSA). We were called the spooks, or sneeky petes. I was discharged in 1969, and went right back to riding my first Honda. A 305 Honda Dream. Last week my Doctors said NO MORE RIDING. This Veteran is sad to park his 2018 DCT Goldwing. It has a mere 30,000 miles, and we all know that is "just broke in". I am not happy to sell it, but the doctor and the wife will win this argument.

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
I started riding in 1960. My mother bought me my first motorcycle. In 1964 I joined the Army and landed in the Army Security Agency (ASA all the way). We were the forerunners for what has become the National Security Agency (NSA). We were called the spooks, or sneeky petes. I was discharged in 1969, and went right back to riding my first Honda. A 305 Honda Dream. Last week my Doctors said NO MORE RIDING. This Veteran is sad to park his 2018 DCT Goldwing. It has a mere 30,000 miles, and we all know that is "just broke in". I am not happy to sell it, but the doctor and the wife will win this argument.
That is sad, but as the song says, you need to "know when to fold."

Reactions: Luv2fish

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Airborne Ranger 69-73 E6, 3rd SOG Vietnam.
I salute all my fellow battle buddies here and also the ones we lost which we carry in our hearts and memories.

Reactions: Luv2fish
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.