Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all, my wife and I headed out from Montgomery, AL on the 2nd as I posted on the new member thread. We stayed in Muscle Shoals and headed to St. Louis. Well, we got up on July, 4 and hit the Great River Road out of St. Louis. We followed it all the way to Galena, IL. What a great ride! It was all along the Mississippi River with some great views and pics!

We have had some great weather to ride. Although, we awoke this morning in Galena to forcasts for 70% rain. We headed out toward south-central Wisconsin to visit my parents for a couple of days. Other than 20 m.p.h. wind gusts on the way over, no rain. We only had about 2-1/2 hours ride, so we got out of the wind and in for a couple days rest. I will post again on our way to the Poconos!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Any ride is good! longer is better. I love Missouri as a place to ride.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Nice shots Badger make sure you post some when you hit Poconos. That is home to this ole fossil & his little lady so I may be able to guide if you need anything.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
If you need something when you get to the Pocono's let me know. Lots of great roads and sites there..

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
Nice pictures. Looks like a great time.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Poconos

Left Wisconsin on Wednesday and travelled through Indiana to see my daughter and her husband in Indianapolis. On our way, we stopped in Chicago at the United Center in an attempt to see the Stanley Cup. Get this, it's in Canada with one of the players.....uh, no comment. Anyway, we lived in Chicago for 9 years, so we did a few pics on the fly and got out before rush hour. Made it to Columbus, OH on Wednesday Night.

Yesterday, we rode through Pennsylvania most of the day. Very scenic, more pictures to follow. But, we are in the Poconos in a private setting;) Gotta go.....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rain!

We left The Inn at Pocono Manor this morning, and it rained the whole trip to Baltimore. Got there and, of course, it stopped raining for the most part. Put the wife on the plane back to Alabama while I go to a two week training course. She will be back to ride back to Alabama when I am done. Added a few more states to my map, and I look forward to editing it some more.:D

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Good job Badg. Make sure you continue with the thread when your wife comes back. It looks like you guys are having a great time.

Color them in brother. You are Riding.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
School

I am here at the FEMA Training Center for 2 weeks waiting to ride.. uh... learning some valuable information about the job. Then, I will mount up with the wife again and color in more states. We are going to leave Kentucky blank... I must say having the Wing is awesome. My wife and I both commented that we could not have done the ride on our V-Star.... For that matter, we are ruined and Wing riders for good.

Arrived in Emmitsburg, MD this morning, and I stumbled into the Gettysburg bike week. Duh.... I guess being on the road for a week, I forgot all about it. Rode up there, but it was pretty much wrapping up.... Still a lot of bikes in town...:eek:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Badger...I am concerned that your map is starting to show more color on the Northern part....what are the good'ol boys going to say back home...:D

Sounds like your having a great time...too bad we missed each other when you rode through Wisconsin...but maybe my cousin the State Trooper said hello...just kidding...Safe Ride... :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MarkH,
Being from WI and all.... I thought I would color in my map from the top down.. No visits from the Wisconsin State Patrol. I am a respectable retired military rule follower.....Ha, ha!

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
I am here at the FEMA Training Center for 2 weeks waiting to ride.. uh... learning some valuable information about the job.
When I told the little lady you were at FEMA her ears perked up. She has FEMA training & is wondering how it fits your job. She coordinates Volunteers in our County back home.

By the way great Pictures. Keep riding, coloring, & posting.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fema

When I told the little lady you were at FEMA her ears perked up. She has FEMA training & is wondering how it fits your job. She coordinates Volunteers in our County back home.

By the way great Pictures. Keep riding, coloring, & posting.
I am a DOD Fire Inspector at the AF base in Alabama.

Still, the most popular trip thread belongs to you. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
keep those ride reports comming. it's great that you guys are taking the time to not only write but post pic's too

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Emmitsburg! Gettysburg ! Those are my familiar places. Baltimore always impresses me as a city with industry: Washington D.C. as a city of granite. Some nice day trip there from Annapolis down to Solomons and the Bay area in general. Just don't forget to feel homesick.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Weekend

Chopin-We are going to stay in Baltimore and go out to the waterfront Friday night. Saturday, we are going to hit the park and ride to head into DC for the touristy thing. Have never toured there, and I guess we should do it as our duty as citizens... After all, "For the people, By the people...."

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Going to Kick It Off Again

Talked to the wife, and it appears she would rather go do some riding while she is in town than go to DC... Well, we will probably venture into WV, so I can add another state. Maybe back into Delaware before I drop her back off at the airport. Pictures to come...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts