Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but I have been ridding a lot this spring and my throttle grip has a palm rest. Over the past 2 trips and 8days of riding, my throttle grip has rotated so that my palm rest is now pointing down. is this a normal thing as I have only been riding again for the past year?

Now my throttle does have a lot of “play” in It and I need to get that checked as it can rotate almost 2 inches before engaging. Does that have a bearing on the throttle grip rotating?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Year and model would be helpful. Also, what grips, stock or aftermarket?

·
Super Moderator
14,922 Posts
That does not sound right to me.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Even if the grip is loose, it doesn't explain the slack in the cable. It sounds like one of two the cables may have broken.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Old trick if you can get it off spray super hold hair spray in the grip, reinstall and after an hour will not come loose again. Did this on my 1500 lasted 73,000 miles until I sold it..

·
Registered
226 Posts
Better option is to clean everything, then just use compressed air. Never slips, and easy to change when needed. See Randakks for a video.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts
Old trick if you can get it off spray super hold hair spray in the grip, reinstall and after an hour will not come loose again. Did this on my 1500 lasted 73,000 miles until I sold it..
If you have compressor, blow air into the grip and it will enlarge a little like a balloon and come off easy. Then reglue it. But take a piece of paper, make a hole the size of the throttle plastic and slid it onto the plastic all the way to the controls housing Then apply the glue but don't be aggressive with using too much. Then slide the grip into place. The paper is to prevent the glue from sticking to the switch housing and the throttle in case you applied too much.

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Registered
410 Posts
Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but I have been ridding a lot this spring and my throttle grip has a palm rest. Over the past 2 trips and 8days of riding, my throttle grip has rotated so that my palm rest is now pointing down. is this a normal thing as I have only been riding again for the past year?

Now my throttle does have a lot of “play” in It and I need to get that checked as it can rotate almost 2 inches before engaging. Does that have a bearing on the throttle grip rotating?
Fix the glueing first. I bet the play in the throttle is because the grip slides before catching on a build up of old glue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts