Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm wondering if there's a way to remove the slack/ slop from the throttle.

I've tried the adjustment at the cable end on the handlebars.

But there's still a small amount of play or hesitation from Total off throttle to the start of acceleration.

Anyone know how to get rid of the slop?

It's especially frustrating at slow speed maneuvers.

Thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The rest will correct me if I am wrong.... .but there is a second place to make that adjustment at the other end. Down at the throttle body..... definitely not as easy to get to.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Adjustment is left (as you sit on the bike) of the front steering head running downward on frame.
Just make sure you center the adjustment on the handlebar adjusters before adjusting the one at the fork. This will allow you to make the fine adjustments at the handlebars. You actually want to leave about an 1/8 of travel on the throttle.
You may have to go back and forth from the front to the handlebars adjusters a few times.
After you finish the adjustments, turn the wheel left and right a few times while the engine is running to make sure that the idle doesn't change and the cables are not binding.

·
Administrator
26,305 Posts
Would this be related to the lag in the cruise setting?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Would this be related to the lag in the cruise setting?
I don't think so. The cruise uses a different cable and has a separate adjustment. Plus when you set the cruise, you already have tension on the throttle cables.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts