Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I have been out riding quite a bit with him wanting practice before he takes his road test next week. He's doing quite well and the test won't be a problem I'm sure. Last week my parents flew in for a visit and to attend my daughter's high school graduation and I asked my Dad if he'd like to take a ride on the Wing one afternoon. He didn't hesitate to take me up on it so we figured out which helmet fit and he borrowed my other son's leather jacket and boots and we took a spin. He was quite impressed with the ride and power. Funny, biking was one thing he never got into. He used to race stock cars and we always had snowmobiles and trikes and home built dune buggies and such, and he even took up flying in his sixties (he's 80 now I believe) and has an ultrialight that he doesn't use much anymore, but he never had a bike. Anyway, I digress.

We took a few rides while they were here and for some of them my son rode his bike as well. Here's a pick of the 3 of us returning home one evening:

Anyway, we had a good visit and saw some countryside around here. Couldn't get Mom to go - she figured she'd never be able to get on it - but Dad had a good time.

Cheers,
Kerry

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
That's great to see. I'm hoping to get Dad on the Wing, as he used to ride.

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
That is fantastic! Just a great thing to see thank you very much for sharing. These will be memories that will last for future generations.

My son rides but my Dad never did, although his brother gave me my first ride. He passed away a good bit ago and if I had the wing I probably could have talked him into a ride. When I showed him my first bike, a BSA Thunderbolt, all he could do is shake his head.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
you kerry are a lucky man but its would be great if you and dad could go riding more often. i'm sure your son will pass the road test so you will have one riding partner

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
Great family fun Kerry, I'm glad you have the opportunity for it.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Years ago I took my Dad for a little ride and he had the best time that I think he every had, you just could not get that great look off his face.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
These moment are memory makers. Thanks for posting. Eric

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Nice job Kerry! Good looking scoot your son has too.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. I'm hoping that I can take the bike to their place this summer and get him on again. Maybe I'll work on Mom some more too....

Budoka - yes, I think he got a great deal on that 500. It's in really nice condition and he's pretty happy with it. And to think we almost didn't even bother going and looking at it after a disappointing day of bike shopping the day before...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts