Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having back problems since 2004 it finally led me to a lower back operation last year. This is what led me to my Wing.
I over did it at work and at home for 3-4 months and my back finally gave out while on my Wing. All I can say is I am so glad I was on my Wing instead of any other bike. the pain was blinding
and would come on like lightning when I had to put my feet down at lights. it was all I could do to get my Wing home and get that damn kick stand down. If it wasnt for the comfort of the Wing I am sure I would not have made it home.

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
i know how you feel knelson. last year when i did the pa./ va trip i wasn't sure i could do it because of my neck but thanks to the comfort of the wing the trip was a snooze, never had a problem with my neck

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
From my experience it is a long road back with back problems. I wish you luck with it. Eric

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
There's a lot to be said for our 'couches'. We're very quick to howl about the stuff we disapprove of, but we often forget just how good they really are.
"one never sees what has been done; one only sees what remains to be done" Marie Curie

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
I have been having back problems since 2004 it finally led me to a lower back operation last year. This is what led me to my Wing.
I over did it at work and at home for 3-4 months and my back finally gave out while on my Wing. All I can say is I am so glad I was on my Wing instead of any other bike. the pain was blinding
and would come on like lightning when I had to put my feet down at lights. it was all I could do to get my Wing home and get that damn kick stand down. If it wasnt for the comfort of the Wing I am sure I would not have made it home.
I know just what you mean. I've also had lower back surgery.

"one never sees what has been done; one only sees what remains to be done" Marie Curie
That is one of the greatest and most true quotes.
I'm extremely guilty of that, on all of my projects.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
I wish you the best in recovery from the back injury.

I fell off a ladder in 1979 and it pretty much ended my electrical career with a broken back. I fell on hard times and had to sell my HD and everything else I owned. Out of desperation, I used my GI Bill to go to College 10 years out of high school.

Thank you God, the US Army and all of the tax payers of America.

As a result of that fall, I was able to retrain, start a different career, got sober, and eventually ended up on the best motorcycle made. My made to fit Wing. I out grew my pirate uniform long ago.

When my girl friend says "get off the couch and do something." I go get on my other couch and ride. The channel is ever changing on the mobile couch.

"The tears of adversity is the telescope to the heavens."

Life is good.

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
Hope you feel better soon. Glad your Wing got you home safely..

·
Administrator
15,295 Posts
Back problems are difficult and recovery takes a lot of time and effort. I hope you heal up soon.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind words I just need to keep from over doing things.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Back issues are tough. Hopefully a little tlc and time will take care of it.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Knel....you got to take it easy on the back...no more over doing trust me on that... I have had two lower back surgeries..the first one in the military and then twenty five years later... glad you made it home and your alright and yes Thanks to Honda and the great design...I passed a string of loud vibrating HD today and it was like I was in stealth mode...smooth and quiet. She rides like a dream...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts