Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there own one of these trailers? Please let me know what you think of the overall quality. Looking for a high resolution photo as well. I ordered one and the lid does not fit right. It has a gap the is much wider than shown in the web site photos I've found and it is "twisted" as it sits on the body.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,135 Posts
I know somebody that has one, he said he wished he never bought it. It leaked from day one.

·
Super Moderator
9,868 Posts
That certainly does not look like a waterproof seal. I would call the manufacturer and show them the pics. I would want a replacement or advice on how to make the lid fit properly. Good luck..

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your input. I've been in email contact with Motor Trike. They are trying to tell me the gap is correct even though the web site sales photos show it differently. I'm trying to set up a call with Richard, the Tech that assembles these trailers. They are not helpful at this time It appears I'm going to have to cut down the lip on the body half myself. And modify the hinge mounts as needed to narrow the gap. They also put the lip seal with the joint at the front of the trailer. Highway speeds are going to force the water through the open joint. I plan on moving the seal joint to the rear of the trailer. IMG_20210708_111248817.jpg IMG_20210708_111355323.jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,868 Posts
Thanks for your input. I've been in email contact with Motor Trike. They are trying to tell me the gap is correct even though the web site sales photos show it differently. I'm trying to set up a call with Richard, the Tech that assembles these trailers. They are not helpful at this time It appears I'm going to have to cut down the lip on the body half myself. And modify the hinge mounts as needed to narrow the gap. They also put the lip seal with the joint at the front of the trailer. Highway speeds are going to force the water through the open joint. I plan on moving the seal joint to the rear of the trailer. View attachment 277193 View attachment 277194
Any update on your problem. Folks might be interested to know if you got a resolution.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any update on your problem. Folks might be interested to know if you got a resolution.
Motortrike basically just left me in my disappointment. Belle Plaine Motorsports (MN) is taking a shot at trying to contact them regarding my issues. They were the dealer I went through. This is the first trailer they've ordered through them. They usually only work on trike kits through them. I recommended they drop them on the trailers. I'm going to cut down the trailer lip myself when it cools off a little. Hopefully I won't wreck it beyond hope and the lid hinges can be adjusted to close tightly.

·
Registered
2021 Gold Wing DCT
124 Posts
Thanks for your information. I was considering one as well for my new 2021 GW Trike and now I know to avoid this one at least for the time being anyway. 👍

Reactions: Two Wheel Wing
1 - 9 of 9 Posts