Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is about the Soundgate Ipod installation. I purchased one last week. I was disappointed that the screen on my Ipod didn't come up on the screen on my dash. It does not do that. So, I installed the unit and was totally lost on reading the Honda screen. I didn't realize that there are two modes, the SDR and the RI. It just didn't click. On the RI mode, you can't make any changes, the Ipod just shows that it's connected. Try finding a song when all it shows is the track with no other information.

It's now Sunday morning. I'm still pissed off that I can't figure this problem out. Now, I don't know how this came about, but out of nowhere, I finally figure out that the clue here has to be the SRI/RI
function. I head out to the shop, in my shorts and t-shirt, and plug in the Ipod. I switch the function to SDR mode and what da ya know!!! I can now move around the Ipod to my selections. I can actually find a song and play it and the damn thing still will move up and down from my handlebar controls.

OK, read the directions, but let me say this,the directions are not all that clear. This stuff is NOT intuitive to me and I bet there are a lot of other folks out there that are somewhat technology deficient.

Soundgate could do a whole lot better when it comes to writing instruction manuals.

I'm happy now that I have figured it out and if there is anyone out there who has trouble with this Soundgate Ipod, which I purchased from Wing Stuff, feel free to send me a message.

I'm finally happy with my purchase. What an experience!!!

Ted
Concord, California

1 - 1 of 1 Posts