Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
So I finally have a day with nice riding weather that happens to fall on a day that I do not need to drive the truck to work. I have had to drive the truck all month for one reason or another and days I didn't have to drive it, It has been cold and raining.
So this morning was 47f and clear skies and today's high will be 71f and sunny.
But guess what? I searched for 30 minutes for the key to the Bike and came up empty handed! We tore the house apart last weekend and started repainting the living room and kitchen. Everything is in shambles and I have no idea where my keys are! I can't even remember where I stashed the spare key!
So I will be driving home in the truck this evening watching all the lucky riding by in the HOV lane on their Bikes!

Sucks to be me today!:mad:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Once you find them have an extra key made and hide it on the bike. Most wing riders have an extra key just in case they loose their key while on a ride, several good placed to hid it. Tape it to the battery cable or support bracket, hide in the rear passenger pocket, or just look around and find a place.
I park my bike in my garage and never take the key out of the ignition when it is in the garage.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once you find them have an extra key made and hide it on the bike. Most wing riders have an extra key just in case they loose their key while on a ride, several good placed to hid it. Tape it to the battery cable or support bracket, hide in the rear passenger pocket, or just look around and find a place.
I park my bike in my garage and never take the key out of the ignition when it is in the garage.
Well problem with that is even though I am only 44, I am in the early stages of "Partimers" and I can't remember where I put the spare key I already have!
I thought I hid in in the rear pocket but it was not there. I looked in the safe inside the house and not there either. Went thru all the cloths I have worn since last Saturday (last day I rode the bike) and not there.
I am sure we will find it tonight in some strange location. Our entire living room and kitchen is spread out on the covered patio and the garage while we paint, there is no telling where it is now!

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I'm not being a Smart Arse but have you check the ignition. I don't know how many times I haven't been able to find the key, only to look on the bike after much searching and find it there. Now it's the first place I look.:eek:
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not being a Smart Arse but have you check the ignition. I don't know how many times I haven't been able to find the key, only to look on the bike after much searching and find it there. Now it's the first place I look.:eek:
Ron
Yes I did. After 15 minutes if digging around my Wife said the same thing. And being as I have done something similar before involving the "Kill Switch":D, I went out and searched the bike and the ignition, not there either.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Well crap, I guess your day " Does Suck". I Really do hope you find it soon. Best of luck
Ron

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Well sir you have nothing to be ashamed of. You are in good company. I cant tell you how many times I have lost things ex looking for my cell phone while talking on it, sunglasses while having them on. I do not have an extra hidden on the bike as I know I would forget where it was. It is really strange how my wife can look for something I cant find and find it in about 30 seconds. Good luck to ya! :D

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Could be worse. You could have found the key and then the bike wouldn't start....

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could be worse. You could have found the key and then the bike wouldn't start....
lmao...........You are correct Sir, that would suck. But good thing for me I already made a fool of my self the second time I washed it. While drying it off, I somehow flipped the kill switch to OFF.......And well.......You know the rest of the story:eek:

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Yeah, or have the key and not the bike:eek:! Check inside your helmet, I don't know how may times I find my key in there under my golves.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, or have the key and not the bike:eek:! Check inside your helmet, I don't know how may times I find my key in there under my golves.
Key and No Bike?? How did you lose a 920# bike in a DQ parking lot??:D

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
lmao...........You are correct Sir, that would suck. But good thing for me I already made a fool of my self the second time I washed it. While drying it off, I somehow flipped the kill switch to OFF.......And well.......You know the rest of the story:eek:
I would love to take a poll as to how many folks had to actually use the kill switch for the purpose it was intended as opposed to the number that accidently flipped it and had to suffer the embarrassment when they found out what they did.... My money would be on the latter....

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Former, use the Kill all the time. Habit from the old dirt bike days I guess.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have three bikes and I got tired of the bike keys being mixed in with all the other extra keys in the key cabnit in the house. So, I went to Home Depot and bought a locking key box for the garage. I mounted it in a hidden place, out of site. I then hung the key to that on a magnetic hook on the side of one of my cabnits in the garage. Now all the keys to my bikes are in one locked place. When I need a key, I know right where it is. Works for me.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
well if it makes you feel better i can't ride either and i know where my key and spare key are

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Key and No Bike?? How did you lose a 920# bike in a DQ parking lot??:D
Just one of my many unpublicized talents Buzzy!

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Wait till you do it at a red light at rush hour and can't figure out whats going on for about a minute or so. Horns honking, lights flashing and finally you spot that darn switch..Don't ask me how I know.....:p

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Lost my key several times last summer. But the stupidist was in my ignition! I just had a new key made from the local locksmith, he was doing service for Erika at her office, and he did it for free!! How awesome is that!!!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
UPDATE:
One thing I forgot to mention. Once I gave up looking for the key yesterday, I started taking off my gear and going out to warm up the Truck. The wife asked me if I looked in my jacket pocked? I replied NO and I never put keys in my jacked, I know it is not there!
That was that and I drove the truck to work. Well the wife gets home and starts ransacking the house to find the key and she decided to look in my jacket. Well guess what? I am a moron and stuborn as a mule, it was in my jacket.
I had "Crow" for dinner last night..........lol

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
UPDATE:
One thing I forgot to mention. Once I gave up looking for the key yesterday, I started taking off my gear and going out to warm up the Truck. The wife asked me if I looked in my jacket pocked? I replied NO and I never put keys in my jacked, I know it is not there!
That was that and I drove the truck to work. Well the wife gets home and starts ransacking the house to find the key and she decided to look in my jacket. Well guess what? I am a moron and stuborn as a mule, it was in my jacket.
I had "Crow" for dinner last night..........lol
I've had a lot of that Crow in my life. Kinda taste like chicken.:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.