Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
You are my idle!!! Way to go....Celeb!!!

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Some can and want to do these things. I can't, so I will just read about it and enjoy the things that I can do.You have done well, enjoy your ride's. Eric

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Is that a recent article in the AMA or a future issue??

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
congrats on making it in the ama rag

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Great article and picture Lee. You do us all proud. BTW, my Debbie is a NM born and bred gal that hailed from Tatum, a little further to the east. Her parents lived in Lovington and later moved to Portales. We've made many runs over the years out that way including one to the UFO museum in Roswell. I love the mountains out in your neck of the woods. Yep, great riding country. My 1500, which i got recently, came out of Deming along with all the desert coating under all that Tupperware. I'm still cleaning on it.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks [email protected] I just hired a girl from Lovington to work in the OR. I love this palce it is the land of enchantment for sure....:)

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
You are my idol!!! Way to go....Celeb!!!
There ya go REF, fixed that for ya!
How much do celebrety autographs go for these days IBALEE?;)

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Don't do autographs...but I would be glad to buy you a beer should our paths ever cross....:D and the area that I will be covering over this year alone there is a good chance we may cross paths....by the way bud I was up on Cabots trail in Nova Scotia ...I fell in love with it...also been to Quebec.....

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Yes...good catch. Maybe I'm the one thats IDLE while Lee is my IDOL. How sad:(

·
Super Moderator
28,505 Posts
Yes...good catch. Maybe I'm the one thats IDLE while Lee is my IDOL. How sad:(
Yea that's sad for sure you can do much better.:D Of course I'm not so sure you could on the GWOF?

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Thanks [email protected] I just hired a girl from Lovington to work in the OR. I love this palce it is the land of enchantment for sure....:)
Lee, are you a doctor? Might explain how you can go so long on no sleep. My Debbie ran track in high school in Tatum and held the district record for years for the 1 mile and went to state and placed seventh in her junior year. She still walks fast and does everything fast. Hard to keep up with her.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dan no not a surgeon...I am a director of Peri-Operative Services. I started out in EMS....became a RN and over the years have been a Director in different states. I just look like a surgeon....:D There was one doc who offered me a script for a new medication that treated narcolepsy...but I really don't like drugs..and it would be like loading the dice...jmop....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,415 Posts
I had a photo shoot out in the dessert by the AMA...they only used one photo. It was fun having the chance to get a photo in the AMA magazine.
Lee, That's awesome!!! I was reading that article the other day & said to myself....."self" I think I know that guy (or is it his Wing)????? LOL:D

Is that a recent article in the AMA or a future issue??
Charlie,

June's issue....;)

Mark

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FYI...when you ride take photos and write it up. My suggestion is send it into the AMA....there is a good chance I will be seeing you in the magazine...:)

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
FYI...when you ride take photos and write it up. My suggestion is send it into the AMA....there is a good chance I will be seeing you in the magazine...:)
Darn, had me fooled Lee. I though the AMA flew out to NM in helicopters and the make up motor home rolled in from corporate. I imagined an entourage of make up artists, photographers, gourmet cooks and .........Darn.....popped my bubble. :eek: I guess that makes you one of the good ole boys. My kind of guy. ;)

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dan ..lol. when they contacted me I was shocked...but only a photo shoot no girls in bikinis or motor homes..just a few hours out in the dessert getting photos taken.....:D I am one of the most regualr guys around....I just like to ride a little more than normal.....:)

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Dan ..lol. when they contacted me I was shocked...but only a photo shoot no girls in bikinis or motor homes..just a few hours out in the dessert getting photos taken.....:D I am one of the most regualr guys around....I just like to ride a little more than normal.....:)
Darn again, they did come out. My bad.:confused: Maybe someday our paths will meet and I'll get a chance to meet a true legend. 1500 in 24 hours is remarkable. I drove 1100 miles last October from Sedona to Texas towing my Suzuki Burgman. Consumed 8 Rockstar energy drinks to stay awake. Not sure I'd want to do again, especially on a bike. You're amazing.:D

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When I started doing the IBs I used a lot of energy drinks...the more I do the less energy drinks I use. The wing made this recent ride much easier then when I did them on my Triumph Roicket. The wind protection....lighting at night...comfort...electronics on board all added to a much better experience..that said it is still a hard ride to do....

So I am still active on the Triumph site and there we have a get together of triumph riders...is there any get together of Wing riders? I would hope to be able to meet some of my fellow Godlwing riders....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts