Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RE;1995 GL1500 SE. Rescently, my wife and I took a run to Branson Mo. About 800 miles round trip from here. About 100 miles from Branson I topped the tank off and went on. After about a few miles, my wing spitted and and sputtered and stopped runing. I sat a few and it started back up so I continued at 65 to 70mph on the interstate and the same thing happened again. "My wife said I got some bad fuel" and I thought the fuel filter must be clogged. My 50 years of riding told me to get back on the slab and try runing at 50mph with flashers. All good then I tried 55mph for several miles and that was good. Then 60mph it went back to runing on two cylinders. I told my wife; its the filter but it wasnt the filter it was bad gas. Stayed a coulple days in Branson and filled the tank with fresh fuel when we left, hopeing to find a dealer in Springfield Mo to get a new fuel filter not really sure , I got on the interstate and the number was 65mph and then 70 mph. Trimmed the wing out at 75mph and it ran great all the way home so, it was bad fuel like my wife said. I will change the fuel filter anyway because my wife said I need to do that. LOL! Problem is, water in fuel seperates in the fuel filter restricting gas flow. Rolling the throttle on and releasing can allow water some moisture to be cleared from the filter after several attempts or drive at slower speeds until it cleans out. Have a nice day and listen to what your wife says. Eddie......

·
Super Moderator
15,177 Posts
you have a wise wife eddie

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I have had that happen too, especially when getting gas in some of these little out of the way places. Now I always carry some Berryman, B-12 Chemtool Fuel Treatment. Found at Walmart for about $3.00 and 1 can treats 21 gallons. So, I put some in little 4 oz squeeze bottles and keep several on the bike. Its the greatest stuff since sliced pie to get rid of water in the gas and do it fast. Good information about the throttle up and down though. Didn't know that. Glad to have you aboard.:D Isaac

·
Administrator
15,388 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Glad you finished your ride in good shape.

·
Premium Member
24,530 Posts
B-12...sounds like vitamins for your fuel system;) Good post!

·
Super Moderator
12,286 Posts
We ran into bad gas in Montana at a Town Pump (Town Sump, as I call it now). Both of the bikes ran poorly until we gassed up again, then they were fine.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
It has happened to me in my car but not on the bike yet.

It is frustrating to say the least to get bad gas. I will remember to watch for the signs of it.

Thanks for your post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.