Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been able to ride the bike any at all this week. That's because I'm riding heard on a large number of wildland firefighters in Texas. I'm on that big fire west of Ft. Worth you may have seen on the news. A lot of my friends are on another big fire near Ft. Davis. We got a little rain today which may help. Depends on how much actually fell on the fire area. Here are a few pictures.

The first two are of catching the fire along a highway with crews and air tankers. The next three are from the burnout we did today. First is we used big helicopters to drop water outside the line to wet it down before starting the burnout. Next two are the burnout. We were trying to get down into the canyon which is around the field in the last picture. We completed it with no problems and that division will be easy to hold while we try to finish it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Crownfire, be careful out there. I'm sure the folks of Texas appreciate your efforts. Hope you get everything under control soon so you can go riding.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i just heard a report on the news about how big the fires in tx. are. wish i could send you some no make that most of our rain. be strong and stay safe

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I have some good friends with a second home out by Possum Kingdom--unbelievable amount of damage in that area. Thanks to you and your fellow firefighters working to rein that monster in.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Brother Fireman

From another former fireman you also have my respect as well. Forest fire-fighting has got to be about the toughest mission in fire fighting. Stay safe.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
From every person in Texas , "We thank you and pray for your safety". Thanks a million.:)
Isaac

·
Registered
253 Posts
Fellow Firefighter

Crownfire,

Be safe out there! You know how dangerous wildland fires are, you have been doing it for sometime. Here's hoping you get home soon to ride that bike.

Safe Travels,
DB

P.S. - Great pics.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Feel for you Crownfire. My cousin used to fly Bird Dog for Airspray up here. Air attack crews and ground attack crews have my never ending respect and admiration. Be safe out there!

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank y'all very much. While we do have a tough job, those of you who are structural firefighters have my respect. I mostly work around the edges. You go inside.

They move me today down to the fire near Fort Davis. 200,000 acres plus and growing to the north toward Balmorhea and southwest near the McDonald Observatory. This mountainous country is making it tough to find places to control the fire. We looked around today and will start helping tomorrow.

Some disturbing news from home. My wife was in a wreck. She was hurt but her sisters took her home and are taking care of her. She got upset when I said that I would be right home. She made me promise to stay the whole time my team is here. As usual, my job is keeping her happy, so I will stay.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hope the wife's injuries are not too searious and she has a speedy recovery.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Mark, Our thoughts are with you & your wife. Hopefully your PA. trip won't be affected.

Great job by all you guys to help out the Texans too.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mark, Our thoughts are with you & your wife. Hopefully your PA. trip won't be affected.
Thank you, but I'll be surprised if she will be up to it.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Some disturbing news from home. My wife was in a wreck. She was hurt but her sisters took her home and are taking care of her. She got upset when I said that I would be right home. She made me promise to stay the whole time my team is here. As usual, my job is keeping her happy, so I will stay.
Exactly what do you mean by the word " hurt " ????????????????

1 - 20 of 23 Posts