Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a thread to argue whether or not it is a good idea to carry a weapon while traveling. We don't want to get into a urinating contest about that.

It is ok to hi jack this thread about car tires, but let us not debate the gun issue.

On a recent trip to Mission Texas and back from Seattle, I carried two hand guns. A .38 revolver in the top box and a .22 auto "Saturday night special" in my dash bag.

For what it is worth, I have never had to have my gun, but I would rather have it that way, than needing my gun and not having it.

I found this mount while looking for something else that provoked me to start this thread.

I thought the holster being empty on the bike might be a deterrent. Ya think?

This looks like a perfect add on for our Texas boys.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Why not add an "Easy Rider Rifle Rack". Could attach it to the spoiler. Or maybe a machine gun mount like they had in Rat Patrol. Lots of possibilities.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I think if I saw a bike with just the holster mounted to it, I would be concerned where the other part was and would think twice about messing with the owner.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
About a year ago, I was riding the bike up to Lampasas and I caught up with a guy on an old beat up Harley that had a gun rack in place of a sissy bar and he had 2 shotguns in it. I was laughing so hard I nearly ran off the road but since one gun was pointed right and the other left, I did not even attempt to pass him. Last time I saw him he was headed towards Goldthwaite and nobody even paid him any attention as he went through Lampasas. Yes, I saw that Ram holster and a lot of people have them on their ATV's running around the ranches. Don't know if I would want to roll out on I-35 and head through Austin like that though.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
1. it will make those around you be nicer.
2. it will make most around you be gone.
3. it removes all element of surprise.
4. it will make nice people stay clear of your bike when you aren't around
5. it will invite thiefs to ransack your bike looking for more guns when you aren't around. :mad: (like you said, you had 2)

I do like the rat patrol idea but truly it doesn't belong on the handlebars. The darn windshield is adjustable and that may make it harder to aim at road level. I think if the windshield is adjusted up you may find homeland security securing the bike. :D

I do think it would be easy enough to modify a bike rack that is made for hitches to hold a 50 caliber barrett. Then it's just a matter of turning the pillion around and moving the rear floorboards. Now you just need a tail gunner.

And this is how we brainstorm to FINALLY find a solution to tailgaters.

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
About a year ago, I was riding the bike up to Lampasas and I caught up with a guy on an old beat up Harley that had a gun rack in place of a sissy bar and he had 2 shotguns in it. I was laughing so hard I nearly ran off the road but since one gun was pointed right and the other left, I did not even attempt to pass him. Last time I saw him he was headed towards Goldthwaite and nobody even paid him any attention as he went through Lampasas. Yes, I saw that Ram holster and a lot of people have them on their ATV's running around the ranches. Don't know if I would want to roll out on I-35 and head through Austin like that though.
Reminds me of the post apocalyptic movie, Mad Max.

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
Speaking of Guns. Just recently here in Western Washington we had two cases where some dip sticks tried to brake in to gun owners homes. In one case the guy was a lone, got into the house, and then he tried to enter the bedroom where home owner and his wife were. He did leave the house, in a body bag.
In the other case a number of dip stick tried to brake into a Retired Cops home. Again met with gun fire. One was wounded and they all fled. When they took their wounded bro to the hospital they were all arrested.
I carry a gun because a cop is to heavy.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I DO NOT DIAL 911 UNTIL THE MAGAZINE IS EMPTY!!!!!!!!!! GUN CONTROL, TAKE GOOD AIM. NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT TWO, OR AT LEAST ONE! CARRY TWO, COPS EAT TO MANY DOUGHNUTS!!!! Where can I get one of those holsters

·
Banned
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I would of had that setup while on my last trip to Texas, there would be one less wild hog to worry about south of San Antonio. That is all I am saying.....

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
If I would of had that setup while on my last trip to Texas, there would be one less wild hog to worry about south of San Antonio. That is all I am saying.....
Obviously you didn't hit it otherwise you probably wouldn't be here. We have them show up on our property and our son shot one in the hind quarters and couldn't walk or run and it dragged itself into the woods and we never found it.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Obviously you didn't hit it otherwise you probably wouldn't be here. We have them show up on our property and our son shot one in the hind quarters and couldn't walk or run and it dragged itself into the woods and we never found it.
Good place for it........Oh watch for the buzzards, you will find it then......LOL.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
I seriously appreciate our police and military. We would not have today what is here without their presence to maintain peace in our communities.

That said, here is my favorite line:

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!

·
Registered
752 Posts
I like the holster however I do not carry at all. Years ago I got in a fight and with one solid punch I knocked someone out cold. It was the most frightening moment of my life as I thought he was dead. I am fortunate that he finally got up, I promised myself to never get in that situation again with or without a gun. I am sure that if I owned a gun I would use it responsably for target practice and such but for me a gun for self defense means I could brake my promise and that is something I could not live with. I am sure if I ever needed a gun and did not have one I would feel different.

·
Premium Member
6,415 Posts
Always!

Mark

·
Banned
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like the holster however I do not carry at all. Years ago I got in a fight and with one solid punch I knocked someone out cold. It was the most frightening moment of my life as I thought he was dead. I am fortunate that he finally got up, I promised myself to never get in that situation again with or without a gun. I am sure that if I owned a gun I would use it responsably for target practice and such but for me a gun for self defense means I could brake my promise and that is something I could not live with. I am sure if I ever needed a gun and did not have one I would feel different.
Just today alone, we had two separate incidences of people breaking into homes while the homeowner is home, where the homeowner pulled a weapon and the bad guy got shot. One dead, one in the hospital.

Two down.... more to go.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I remember that thread--Dreamweaver and myself diagnosed that critter as a collared peccary (also known as a javelina hog) based on your description. Nasty little critters that tend to run in herds. Not as big as wild hogs (full grown about 60-80 lbs) but aggressive and mean as hell if you mess with 'em. Don't smell too good either. I've seen a bunch of 'em over the years and shot one or two. Wasn't all that tasty as I recall.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.