Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a month of hibernation I took my Coldwing out for a 50 mile ride here in suburban Northern Vigininia. What a great bike ! Love the " Grip Puppies " suggested by " Two Wheel Wing " et al. :and the Kury "Highway Borards " by " Poncho Ramrod " et al. The bike and I are beginning to bond. Gracias por todo! What a wonderful bike !

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Glad the weather cooperated and you were able to get out and ride and try your new accessories. Still to cold up here to ride (at least for me). Dreaming of warmer weather. Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it's any consolation Poncho, I thought of you as I was rolling down the highway with my legs streatched around the outside of the fairing. It changed my feeling of center gravity. Psychologically I felt more in control. I think the bike and I are bonding.

·
Registered
212 Posts
After a month of hibernation I took my Coldwing out for a 50 mile ride here in suburban Northern Vigininia. What a great bike ! Love the " Grip Puppies " suggested by " Two Wheel Wing " et al. :and the Kury "Highway Borards " by " Poncho Ramrod " et al. The bike and I are beginning to bond. Gracias por todo! What a wonderful bike !
Now I know why they call you a LUCKY 'Dog "
Great to see some one is using gas ...did Mz Vickey go with you ?

WA9FWT Phil

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
I lived for 20 years on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi and we could ride most any day and see 40 to 50 degrees during the day. Last year I moved just up to Jackson and it is much colder, but I still will ride in the 30's. Winter comes late and spring comes early, great place to be. Took a ride yesterday and it was just fine. Not to gloat on you people where the ground is white, but there are a lot of benifits to living down here.

I did grow up in Michigan and my first bike was in the UP in college so riding as long as there is no snow on the ground is normal to me. I do miss the snow, but not when I can get on my bike any day I want.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now I know why they call you a LUCKY 'Dog "
Great to see some one is using gas ...did Mz Vickey go with you ?

WA9FWT Phil
After a month of burning off nothing but methane gas , it was a pleasure to burn some fossil fuel ( fossil92 octane ). MZ Vickie hasn't been on the bike while it is moving yet. Frankly, I'm surprised she ever showed a desire to be part of my bike world. I've driven in a car with this lady for many years and when I'm behind the wheel she has her foot on the imaginary brake, feels the need to brace herself when I turn corners, and in general I believe is more comfortable when she is in control. When we finally saddle up, the first few turns out of the neighborhood will set the tone. " Lucky " dog is a cognomen MZ. V. applies to me when I am the receiver of her wishes ; " Dirty " dog when she has to pay for my wishes. May the southern sun warm your northern shoulders soon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts