Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Contrast time.

Went searching & found this onboard from 1990 Jerez (same track) -Ayrton Senna putting up a lap good for the Pole in his Mclaren.

Sorry for the hijack.:eek:

Oh wait a minute...I started this thread. Do I have to apologize for the hijack??????????:confused:

R.B./TWW/Doc or TL can I get a ruling please?:eek:

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Anyone that says I look 30 odd can hijack their own thread IMHO. I will be getting the DVD of Ayrton Senna when it comes out. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I will be getting the DVD of Ayrton Senna when it comes out. Eric
I watched it a couple weeks ago on Netflix, Eric. Very well done movie, really delves into his relationship (or lack of) with Prost.You'll enjoy it. There is some great footage that is from driver's meetings & interviews.

Senna was never my favorite guy but was a hecka of driver. Almost unbeatable in rain.

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
I admire the driver in Senna. The rest of his life is unknowen to me. If you want to see a drivers driver look up Peter Brock. As a driver he is the best that I have seen in action. I would travel to Bathurst and camp on the mountain. Get no sleep for 4 days, drink too much and absolutely love it. Eric

·
Registered
733 Posts
Boy, we sure have come a long way. With today's F1 cars, you don't have to take your hands off the wheel to shift. The new sensation is Sebastian Vettle and he seems unstoppable with the Red Bull team. Cool vid.

·
Administrator
25,924 Posts
Watching that I had Jackie Stewart's commentary voice running through my head. Honda/Mclaren was the force to reckon with in those days and so were the drivers.

·
Super Moderator
28,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
And who doesn't like wet weather action? Eddie Cheever in Detroit.

·
Administrator
25,924 Posts
Open wheel racing and wet weather is just scary to me. It never bothered me going around an ice oval on sleds at 90+ mph, but on rain slick pavement in an indy car...no thanks:eek:

·
Super Moderator
28,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I ran on a wet track before Bubba when we were racing. It's just like anything else you have to let your butt feel the car. It actually can be a bit entertaining seeing how far you can push & not go over the edge.:cool:

Case in point watch some of Eddie's incar.

·
Administrator
25,924 Posts
It's just that Indy cars can break traction quicker'n a m/c in a barrell of marbles sometimes. My race sleds had a 1000 picks in the track and 6" carbides on them stubby little oval skis, they'd outcarve a rollercoaster! Clouds of ice and snow crystals didn't stick like rain and oil drops do either. Kinda miss it actually. Swapping pistons between heats in 20 below...ok maybe not.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts