Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These probably won't really be much interest to many. I can think of several guys that will appreciate them (Budoka, Dookoo, & Dookoo's friend to name some). I just read this article.

OHHHH MYYYY!!!!!

132 HP in a 278 lb Titanium frame. Of course you would have to be willing to part with $70K--------OH MOMMY I want to ride one.:cool::cool::cool:

http://www.cycleworld.com/2011/11/28/ncr-m4-and-m4-one-shot/

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
looks like it would be a fun ride .... for the first five miles :)

·
Premium Member
23,763 Posts
It certainly is something for others to ride. My first bike was a Kawasaki 500 Mach III, circa, 1972. After a year on that I traded for a Yamaha 650. I realized I was a born cruiser.

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
It certainly is something for others to ride. My first bike was a Kawasaki 500 Mach III, circa, 1972. After a year on that I traded for a Yamaha 650. I realized I was a born cruiser.
if my neck wasn't screwed up i would have a sport bike in the stable, oh well the 1500 sport edition ( se ) will have to do :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Gotta love Italian styling, although I am partial to the one without the stubby rear tail section. My track bike has 180hp and weights just under 400 lbs. The only common part we share are the BST carbon fiber wheels. My bike was not running so well at Laguna Seca so time for some TLC. I hope it was just bad race fuel.

·
Banned
3,186 Posts
Gotta love Italian styling, although I am partial to the one without the stubby rear tail section. My track bike has 180hp and weights just under 400 lbs. The only common part we share are the BST carbon fiber wheels. My bike was not running so well at Laguna Seca so time for some TLC. I hope it was just bad race fuel.
180 hp and less than 400 lbs? You don't want my 275 lbs on it!

·
Registered
741 Posts
180 hp and less than 400 lbs? You don't want my 275 lbs on it!
Larry, you would love it, albeit a bit cramped. The suspension is so stiff that you wouldn't hurt it. On the other hand, the bike may hurt you. That is 180 hp to the rear wheel, not crank hp. It will rocket you to 100 mph+ a just a hair over 4 seconds. May the smile never leave your face.

·
Premium Member
17,134 Posts
Larry, you would love it, albeit a bit cramped. The suspension is so stiff that you wouldn't hurt it. On the other hand, the bike may hurt you. That is 180 hp to the rear wheel, not crank hp. It will rocket you to 100 mph+ a just a hair over 4 seconds. May the smile never leave your face.
The only part of me that functions that fast is my bowels:eek: Don't think you want me around your bike when that happens:eek::eek::D

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I realized that when I posted this that it wouldn't be everyones cup of tea & that's okay.

I've always been a motorhead of sorts, as well as someone that has a bit of an adventurous streak. The thing about these bikes that stick out to me is the Power to Weight ratio.

Simply put 132HP/278Lbs = .475 Power to Weight Ratio - Pretty incredible.

Compare if you will Dookoo's track bike
180HP/<400Lbs (395) = .456 Power to Weight Ratio - Still Incredible & no disrespect to Dook.

Consider this a Chevy Corvette ZR1
638HP/3353Lbs = .190 Power to Weight Ratio

I would just love to take a ride. That's all.:cool:

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
It only goes as fast as your wrist compells it to. Actually, my RC is just the right amount of zoom for me anymore, although given the chance, I'd be all over Dookoo's track bike in a heartbeat. I rode a MachIII once (ONCE) and I swore I'd never get back on one. Gravel road, big left hand sweeper, waaaay too much throttle, and that vague kind of hinged in the middle feeling frame backbone...wrecked a durn fine pair a briefs that day; freakin lucky I never binned the bike too!:eek: Today I'd drool all over it waiting to throw a leg back over one. Same with me old Fireflake purple Norton Roadster. I've never been a Ducati fan, but I do admire them, Aprilia's too. Just can't muster the entry fee. Heck, wouldn't even have the SP2 if I'd have had to buy it new; $3500 bucks was a good buy, but still had to search me soul to do it. There's a vid of some laps on a BMW S1000rr somewhere, If I can find it, I'll post it; that's as close as I'll likely ever get to doing that. You're a fortunate son Dookoo :cool:

·
Super Moderator
11,882 Posts
I'd like to try a bike like that just once. Knowing me, I'd probably only be able to once!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'd like to try a bike like that just once. Knowing me, I'd probably only be able to once!!
I'd be more than happy to roll the bike off its stands and let you fine folks have a go. But remember its only fair that you bought it if you drop it:D

·
Registered
741 Posts
That's a nice video of a good rider. It is eerie that the BMW sounds exactly like a Suzuki. It has been rumored that BMW did exactly what the Japanese do so well. If you look closely at the engine, frame, and components, it is very much like a reverse engineered Suzuki, which had dominated the production market for decades. I especially love the quick shifter (full power no clutch shifting), which comes as a first Congrats to BMW. I want one but just waiting to see what the big Four come up with first.

·
Premium Member
11,020 Posts
Sometimes I hate this getting old bit. (Fossil, This is were you come and say Eric you only look 30 odd ). But I find myself out in a couple of laps if I was to go out now. And that was in a car. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
(Fossil, This is were you come and say Eric you only look 30 odd ).
Yeah what Eric said.;)

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Found it. This is some real good track riding IMO, watch the tach and the lines he sets up and the way he uses the apexes:
http://www.youtube.com/user/motorcyc.../5/J9XTzDF7po8
Jerez, one of the true Fast tracks of the world. Good sounding machine, nice riding, & smooth........

Oh no here comes Ole Fossil with another although........ I tought the rider in the lead for the 1st two minutes did a better job. He was much quicker out of the turns & made use of the entire track. Especially in the fast double apex (think it's turn 5??). I wonder what he was on? Could anyone tell as he let the BMW go by him?

Great video Budoka

1 - 20 of 32 Posts