Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
How sad. Wings were just not made for that kind of weather. Hope you get a couple of good days to get it into a shelter.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damm! It was 70 degrees here today and we had a beautiful ride. Going out again tomorrow. What's that white stuff anyhow? :D
I called the parents in Sun City and told them to send me a snow blower. They said they didn't remember what that was but they had a sunshine shovel. Thanks for making me homesick. I'll be out there in March when it warms up a bit. Don't care too much for the cold rides up north.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey my friend, go out there and put on the seat, a picture of a sunny days ride when you had her out. Looking a pictures of past rides always seem to help warm my soul, on these cold days, in Missouri.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I second rickfrl. Load up some Arizona ride pictures to brighten our spirits. Use this free upload site and post 100MB worth of pictures : http://drop.io/ . You owe us at least that much for living there.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
I stored mine approx. one week before the weather changed here. No major snow and what little we had is gone, but still lot's of salt on the roads. Hopefully the conditions will change long enough to get her away for the winter.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey rickfr, you're on to something. I've been onto every website out there looking at pics and dreaming of next year. Give me something new to look at. C'mon, man, you southern guys give us something to get us through the winter !

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's an installment of warm riding. I up loaded some picture to a drop site of my annual visit to Arizona. This was from 2008. Had to rent a Road King there because the Honda rental was out of bikes. Click on this link. It should take you to a page with the pictures. If it works as planned we can add some colors to our discussions. Let me know if it works for you : http://drop.io/psazijm

·
Registered
34 Posts
pics added at drop io

All, this link will take you to some photos that my wife and co-rider took on a recent trip from Phoenix to Prescott, Cottonwood, and the Red Rock county of Sedona.

http://drop.io/e1sl1to#

It was a bit cloudy today but a balmy 70 again nonetheless. We have several rides planned including Yuma, Las Vegas (again), Green Valley (south of Tucson) and a few more in the works. We have great riding weather for another 5 or 6 months. Then we just take off to the mountains or the California shore. Enjoy the pictures and stay warm. :D

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The vicarious pleasure of another person's ride! I wondered how my White Wing would look against the background of the Arizona landscape. Alas, between the wife and the two dogs it will be a few years before those pictures could be me.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wimp. Ride the snow. I've done it (albeit carefully).
One of the negative impacts of growing up is viewing the world not as endless possibilities but rather certain probabilities. Reason errors on the side of caution whether we want it to or not. Bummer.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts