Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
It actually has a small plexi windshield on it. She said she put it there because she was tired of bugs hitting her chest lol By the way, saw a wrecked goldwing on a tow truck, made me sad. :( I can't wait to get the class done so I can start riding it. Going to stick close to home until I get the hang of riding that beast though :)

·
Premium Member
10,837 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from the Aussie.

Congratulations on the new to you Goldwing.

Take your time and practice in a safe place until you are happy with your bike and riding skills. It would be good if you had a expierinced rider with you.

·
Super Moderator
15,090 Posts
It actually has a small plexi windshield on it. She said she put it there because she was tired of bugs hitting her chest lol By the way, saw a wrecked goldwing on a tow truck, made me sad. :( I can't wait to get the class done so I can start riding it. Going to stick close to home until I get the hang of riding that beast though :)
a wing is not a beast its just a bike that's a little bigger than your last bike :grin2:

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Try it on and ride it a little. Had one like and it was a great bike and problem free. Only you can tell if you are comfortable on it. Your friends advise is good. Get that checked and get all the records of what's been done over the years. Welcome to the forum from Central Washington.

·
Super Moderator
14,111 Posts
Looking great!

·
Super Moderator
15,090 Posts
nice wing,early wings were real hot rods and like to be reved up. i forgot how to check the antifreeze level on '78 / '79 wings, i'll look it up when i get home from henry's. now what about that class you were talking about

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Well here I am on it! I did ride it a bit, boy it likes to go! lol By the way how the heck do I check the water level in it?

What a hell raiser....Already ridding on the side walks >:)

·
Registered
9,639 Posts
nice wing,early wings were real hot rods and like to be reved up. i forgot how to check the antifreeze level on '78 / '79 wings, i'll look it up when i get home from henry's. now what about that class you were talking about
I think or maybe remember that on the 77 I could take the fake gas side cover off. I think.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I think or maybe remember that on the 77 I could take the fake gas side cover off. I think.
Yea I finally figured that out :grin2: Didn't know how they came off until I got curious about the glove box lol. As for the classes, not sure how it is in other states, but in Oregon you have to have a motorcycle endorsement on your license. The class use to be optional, now it is mandatory. Which is fine, I was going to take it anyway. Lucky they have bikes you can use, small ones. So I am going to use theirs and then practice on mine afterwards.

·
Super Moderator
15,090 Posts
I've watched a few of those classes when family members were taking them and the road course is too small for a wing IMHO
good luck with the class!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I've watched a few of those classes when family members were taking them and the road course is too small for a wing IMHO
good luck with the class!!
That is why I am going to use one of theirs. :wink2: Besides I am not good enough on it to be taking the class using it anyway

·
Premium Member
23,674 Posts
That is why I am going to use one of theirs. :wink2: Besides I am not good enough on it to be taking the class using it anyway

My local buddy to the Ride Like A Pro Class. He came out Ok, but his Wing suffered a few bruises. I told him I'll take the class if I can borrow his bike .

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.