Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well I am in Eugene Oregon, got any here? I ran into some nice people that told me about their club and they meet everyday Friday at this coffee shop. Was going to head there once I had my bike. Oh and just to give everyone a chuckle here. I do own a motorcycle project. Here is what should look it. Someone wrecked it, so it has no front forks. Got a bit to do before it is road worthy, but it is only a 250, good for running to the store, that is about it lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I, for one, look forward to a picture of your seat in the saddle .

Hush Lee. You'll make the young lady blush! Lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
well I didn't get that one. Seems he had it on Ebay and it sold today. But I now know why that happened. It was so I would get the right one! I found me a necked 1978 1100, as detdrbuzzard had so colorfully asked on the other one. It was owned by a lady, she had it lowered so my feet actually touch the ground. They replaced the stator and timing belts recently. It even has purple led lights on the motor so it glows at night. I will get a pic of it tomorrow and post it. :)

·
Super Moderator
15,018 Posts
if it's a '79 or earlier it's a 1000 wing, all were nekkid and had to be dressed. some guys have put 1100 motors in 1000 frames, some guys have put 1200 motors in 1000 and 1100 frames

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ah okay, I looked at so many bikes, I think I was getting things confused lol. I didn't know that about them not being dressed. Dirty bikes lol But here it is!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,510 Posts
Don't worry, kat; most of us aren't as creepy as Chopin/Lee!:serious:

Welcome to the GWOF! It never ceases to amaze me how many GL1100s are out there and in good shape and running regularly! And their owners are so devoted to them! I have an '83 GL1100 with a Windjammer fairing, but am taking a break from it to work on my '95 GL1500, my primary ride, and my '85 GL1200 Aspencade to get it sold soon. Then I'll bring the 1100 back to my shop for completion or sale as a parts bike. Hell, even a GL1100 parts bike is worth $1,000 in dam near any condition!

If that bike you're looking at runs as good as it looks, I'd buy it. You're not going to get hurt getting into it for $1,700 provided it runs well and the critical timing belts are fresher than original and set somewhat right. We can help with where to get parts if needed and maintenance work-arounds if stock parts are no longer available. Compared to my GL1500 and GL1200, I find the GL1100 light to handle. No need to be an Amazon to handle a GL1100.:smile2:

·
Super Moderator
15,018 Posts
Ah okay, I looked at so many bikes, I think I was getting things confused lol. I didn't know that about them not being dressed. Dirty bikes lol But here it is!
looks likee a '78, did you buy it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Srevice records...Service records...Service records. ( Did i mention service records)?

Make sure you a good collection of service records on an older bike. anyone can say "it runs great" just to find out that no service has been done to the engine or bike itself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yes I did, That is my front porch it is sitting on. Runs will real nice and sounds good, paid 1300 for it. I like the fact it has been lowered. Height was on of my concerns. I am taking my endorsement class on the 25th. Here in Oregon that is what you have to do so you can ride. I don't mind, I heard good things about the class and it will help me get the rust off my riding skills. They have bikes you can use, which I am going to do, then after I have the hang of it again, I will take the goldwing around the neighborhood lol

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Yes I did, That is my front porch it is sitting on. Runs will real nice and sounds good, paid 1300 for it. I like the fact it has been lowered. Height was on of my concerns. I am taking my endorsement class on the 25th. Here in Oregon that is what you have to do so you can ride. I don't mind, I heard good things about the class and it will help me get the rust off my riding skills. They have bikes you can use, which I am going to do, then after I have the hang of it again, I will take the goldwing around the neighborhood lol
Welcome to the Greatest Motorcycle in the World Family :grin2:

Look forward to the pictures

·
Super Moderator
15,018 Posts
congrats on becoming a Goldwing owner. sometimes its a good idea to take a refresher course, good luck with it and let me know when you pass the class, we are rooting for you

·
Super Moderator
15,018 Posts
my niece had a plexi-fairing 3 on her 1000 wing and really liked it for blocking some wind, her husband had a 1000 wing with a vetter fairing, she didn't like it. she has a plexi-fairing 3 on her 1100 wing also. if you plan todo some traveling you might want to look at those plexi-fairings also

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.