Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing looks great and appears to be well maintained. 21000 kms! I want something to tour with for up to a
Moth at a time. I am concerned about reliability, serviceability and getting parts. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
The GL1100 in any guise is a rock solid dependable motorcycle if properly maintained. Remember you're looking at a soon to be 30 year old bike. Parts are available, but can require some time and legwork to source. If you can access service records that is a big help for you. Valves on the 1100s were screw adjustable and the rest is pretty straight forward m/c stuff. The biggest thing in your way now is accessories (I realize its a standard) like luggage racks, windshields, seat options, highway pegs etc. Depends on how much you want to 'comfortize' it. Welcome to the site.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello egandavis, welcome to GWOF. if it is touring you plan to do an interstate or aspencade would be a better choice

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome to you both egan and Guy. Egan, while parts are getting harder to source, they're not impossible. guy, you can have a braided line custom made if you can't source one for your scoot. But make sure you ask to have a "hydraulic" line fabbed, 'brake lines' will often have some safety certification issues attached to them in some locales.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts