Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m back in Texas to work for a few weeks on the National Forests in East Texas. Sure hate missing some great riding weather. Well, in the 23 days I will be here I have to take two days off sometime in there. Looks like my two will be next week on the 15th and 16th. I see where they rent Harley’s up in Tyler. So I’m thinking about renting one for a day and riding up to Oklahoma and back.

Anybody know of any better options than renting from the dealer? They are the closest place I can find to Lufkin. The weather looks good and if I can borrow some gloves from a guy in this office I think I’ll go for it.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
if it were doable for me i would rent a harley too, go for it, have fun, and ride safe

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Go for it Mark! The only thing you can really regret is the thing you didn't do.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Ride Mark Ride.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, just plunked down the credit card and reserved a Harley for next Tuesday. Sure hope we get the rain the weatherman is calling for Monday so I know that my planned day off will happen. Also hope that forecasted end of the rain is early Tuesday morning like they say so my first ride on a Harley will not be all wet. Also wish I had thought to bring along my riding gear but they have a helmet and I have some work gloves and a couple jackets that should be good enough.

My plan is for what would be an easy day on the Goldwing. I’ll head north from Tyler up to Hugo, Oklahoma over a little and back down to Tyler. I’ll be sure to stop and take some pictures.

Now I just have to get through the next three days of work.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Have a great ride Mark. Don't get to use to that Harley.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What model are you renting ? Sof-tail, Roadking, Ultra-GLide, Sportster ?
Ultra Classic. Don't have the right jacket but I have enough to get by so the fairing should be just right. If I see something to bring back for my better half I will have a place to stash it.

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Ultra Classic. Don't have the right jacket but I have enough to get by so the fairing should be just right. If I see something to bring back for my better half I will have a place to stash it.
I was impressed by the front fairing protection of the Ultra in spite of its smaller size compared to the Wing. Of course I was riding in Arizona, but up in the elevations it did get down to 55* during a day ride. I loaned my Joe Sprocket Riding jacket to a fellow rider on a Softail and I doubled up with a sweatshirt over my long sleeve tee and we were both comfy until we got back down to the valley.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Mark: I'm good to go for Tuesday; sent you a p.m.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A conspiracy! Last week I was told to take Monday and Tuesday, those are days 15 and 16 on this gig so that was normal. Then at the end of the week they wanted me to put on a training class on Monday so I backed the days off one, but the weather looked best for Tuesday anyway so great. Now they change that class date to Tuesday so I back the days off once again to days 17 and 18. At least the weather still looks good. Hopefully I can change my rental date. If they try to back it up again there will be problems!

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mark: I'm good to go for Tuesday; sent you a p.m.
You should have gotten one back from me about Wednesday. Great plan hope you can make the change.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I have a brief meeting scheduled at 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, but I'm pretty sure I can reschedule it. Haven't received your message yet.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
It looks good for tomorrow. Now all I have to do is get through today.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts