Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a VTX 1300 now. I'd like to buy a used 08 GoldWing. I've got an opportunity for one with only 1700 miles. The owner says that he's too tall at 6'4". Is that possible?

Also, what does the "GL" stand for?

I would like some thoughts on some pros and cons of the 08 GoldWing.

Thank you so much in advance.

·
Super Moderator
15,004 Posts
don't think about it, do it! get a wing!! how tall are you? you know that you can get a saddelman road sofa made for you. they will move the step in the seat back for more room, add or remove padding in the seat to change the height

·
Super Moderator
15,004 Posts
you need to get comfortable with any new bike before taking on a passenger. i got my 1200 aspy last september and did not ride anyone until spring of this year. i got my 1500 august 01 of this year and did not ride anyone for about a month. i want to get a feel for a bike solo before riding two up. i had been off a bike for almost eleven years before getting the aspy last year. i don't think a wing is too much bike to start back riding on its not like you don't know what you are doing. caution and confidence

·
Registered
114 Posts
I agree, don't put off getting a wing over uncertainty. My last wing was a 1990 1500 that I sold in 1992. I got back into the sport this spring with a new 08 1800. Awesome bike. I got on it at the dealer to ride it home and it was just like I had come home again. I rode it home, a total of 2 miles and parked it. Looked it over real well and then backed it out of the garage, put the wife on the back and we went for a short run. For my wife it was her first time on the back of a motorcycle. It was love at first ride for her. The bike is, for me very easy to ride. This is my 4th wing. Don't short change yourself. Go for it!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,004 Posts
eleven years ago i had a katana 1100. last bike before getting the '84 1200 aspy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.