Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding along yesterday and when the sun was over my shoulder I happened to look down at my speaker grill and noticed what seems to be a small bug crawling around inside... and then I saw a bee crawling around inside!

How in the heck is that possible? Anyone else have this going on?

·
Registered
405 Posts
What year is your bike? Makes a difference as how to remove the grills.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
I was riding along yesterday and when the sun was over my shoulder I happened to look down at my speaker grill and noticed what seems to be a small bug crawling around inside... and then I saw a bee crawling around inside!

How in the heck is that possible? Anyone else have this going on?
He probably snuck in from bee-hind.:) Anything is possible I guess. It's the dirt dobbers around here that drive you nuts. Were you by any chance playing the Bee-tles or the Bee-Gees. OK, I quit.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Hey there lakecharles, them little beasties get in through the gaps in the main fairing by the steering head (at least I think so). Good news is that if they get in they can also get out if they're not done in. There is a small gap in the lower speaker compartment that allows for things like bugs, leaf debris, dirt etc to fall or rinse out. I wouldn't use a pressure washer though, you could damage both the grilles and the speaker cones. After I'm done washing my bike I se my electric leaf blower to blow out the moisture that stays in the cracks and molding joints, and the speaker enclosures.

·
Registered
405 Posts
On yours the grills cannot be removed seperately. You have to remove the whole dash. Put your fingers under the dash at the key area and CAREFULLY pull up till the whole dash assembly pops loose from its gromets (similiar to what holds the side covers). At this point be careful as to not to pull it all the way out. There are 2, fairly delicate tweeter wires connected to the speaker as well as a plug at the ignition. This should give enough clearance to blow or shake any debris out without unhooking the wires. Afterwards just pop it back in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts