Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 1500se which i have only owned for two weeks and on cool mornings,(58f) on the way to work, it takes about 5 miles for the temp guage to up just barley into the normal range . Then after about ten miles the temp is up to about 1/4 inch into the normal rage of the guage. It never goes up to the middle of the normal rane of the guage. When i sit at an idle in traffic i do here the fans come . It just seems to me that the temp should come more into the nomal range quicker than 5 miles of driving @ 55 miles per hour.??:confused:

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have a 95 1500 ASP. The cooling system in these bikes is really efficient. My bike always runs well below the halfway mark when moving. In 90 and 95 degree heat we have right now, it will run up to barely above the 1/2 way mark with the fans running. All is well, your thermostat is fine. Keep on rolling.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
the guage on my '93 usually sits at the 1/4 mark

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks! I guess I'm a bit paranoid , just trying to figure out what NORMAL is on this new to me bike.:D
She is different from what ever you rode before. Mostly general maintenance and she is good for 2-300,000 miles. You will learn her and love her.

Good luck

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
the only time i've seen my guage over the half way point is turning around and backing up in my yard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.