Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are 2 types of motorcyclists...those who have laid them down and those that will. I've been riding Wings for over 20 years and until recently, I never gave much thought on how to pick the beasts up. The other day my 1500 stalled (didn't warm it up) on my lawn and she went down, slow but sure. No damage to the bike, just my pride. I've had this happen before and when I was younger (I'm 61), I armstronged it back up.
Well, this last time darn near dislocated both arms.
It took a while, but the light finally came on..there is a technique involved which doesn't require a whole lotta strength.
I'm sure most of you are aware, but for those that aren't, google it..."how to pick up a GoldWing".
Your arms (and back) will thank you for it :).
Strat

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Been there done that. Didn't even get a tshirt but sure was embarrased. Much like you describe. You're correct Strat everyone needs to watch the "how to" videos.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found it just in time. My wife was refusing to have the harness hooked up to her anymore.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was just out today and someone moved the road when I came to a stop. A friend of mine and wife helped me up with it. Guess I'll be watching the video.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I was just out today and someone moved the road when I came to a stop. A friend of mine and wife helped me up with it. Guess I'll be watching the video.
It's always good to have friends along, but be sure to watch the video and you will find out you can do it by yourself. Oh, by the way, welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. What do you ride and where are you from. We are all nosie like that.... Ride safe and stay upright...

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think i might have the solution, check this video out ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for the lack of info about me. I am from Maine and I purchased a left over 08 Wing about 2 months ago. I previously had a 79 Wing(what a difference).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts