Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ulmate

10K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  fossil92 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, new to this site but wanted to share my experience with the Ultimate seat. I have a 2007 Goldwing which in my opinion lacked some serious comfort in the drivers seat. I replaced my stock seat with an "Ultimate seat". Love the way they have re contoured and added a very comfortable back rest that is removable. Has anyone else found the stock seat to be as uncomfortable as mine on those long hauls?

#3 ·
... HOWDY ... WHEN I PURCHASED MY USED 1200 LTD IT CAME WITH A AFTERMARKET SEAT ... I DON'T KNOW WHAT BRAND OR MODEL IT IS BUT IT SURE FITS ME NICE 6'2" 250 lbs. ... WHEN I BOUGHT MY FIRST WING IN 78 NEW ... THE STOCK SEAT LEFT ALOT TO BE DESIRED ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

#4 ·
Goldwing riders in Ct

Interested to find out if there are any groups,couples,that ride Goldwings in the Ct area. My significant and I have no problem enjoying the open ride with just ourselves, but thought it would be fun to meet other groups or couples that enjoy rideing as much as we do.I am from the Norwalk area presently.

#6 ·
+1 on the GWRRA. I'm a member again, and was a member from '85 thru '95 when I went over to the 'dark side'. Unlike Darth, forever was I not dominated (whew)!:eek:

#7 ·
Not sure what the "Ultimate" seat is????

I found the stock seat pretty good on my first 2,200 mile trip. I have a Russell on my Concours and it is a fine piece of work. Two Corbins, one just too hard.

My wife, on first sitting on the new wing in the passenger seat: She finds it excellent and she will ACTUALLY ride with me now. Does that make it the ultimate seat?

Dart

#8 ·
Dart, If you are a smart man it does & tell her that.:D

Seriously I have heard good things about the ultimate seat. I have a Hartco on my 1500 & I love it. So like anything else "to each his own".

#10 ·
seat

i just had a custom seat made for me and my wife, three fittings and it is perfect. I have sat on a lot of seats (corbin, saddleman, mustang, and the big sofa seat, plus some stock seats that have been adjusted. It just depends on your body. Aftermarket seats are not made for any individual, but for the mass popular. The only way to get a perfect fit is to have one made. So far in this forum I have found some great info and ideas. I have seen alot of complaints regarding pegs, floorboards and seats, when is honda going to make a goldwing you can strech out on. :eek: Linden

#11 ·
i just had a custom seat made for me and my wife, three fittings and it is perfect. I have sat on a lot of seats (corbin, saddleman, mustang, and the big sofa seat, plus some stock seats that have been adjusted. It just depends on your body. Aftermarket seats are not made for any individual, but for the mass popular. The only way to get a perfect fit is to have one made. So far in this forum I have found some great info and ideas. I have seen alot of complaints regarding pegs, floorboards and seats, when is honda going to make a goldwing you can strech out on. :eek: Linden
10-4 on that. The ultimate bike: Goldwing luxury on a Victory Vision ride.

#12 ·
Wrench: I was going to get the "Ultimate " seat for my 1300VTX . I saved the wife $500.00 by buying an $18,000 bike. Did the seat lower you in the saddle ? Is it ready for hook up to the Goldwing comfort package ? And how much will it cost my dear Vickie ?

#13 ·
Chopin: Ultimate doesn't have heat elements in there seats, I've enquired with them. There are companies that make heater kits however. It requires taking the seatcover off and installing the heat pad on the seat foam and makig connections to the bike's electrical system. Not sure about connectivity with the existing comfort wiring, but it should be useable with some minor mods. The kits I looked at draw about 2 amps. The company in Germany that makes heaters for auto OEM's has a web site as well, and there is a model that is bike specific, they make the heaters for Honda and Acura, so maybe the Wing as well. Go to <www.heatedseatkits.com> (sorry I don't know how to add a quicklink:confused:).

#19 ·
seats

I have my stock seat, 6 years old and 110,000 miles on it. It should form fit nicely by now but somehow that isn't how it works. If this were so, splinters would work themselves out, your shin bone would be on the back side of your leg and every week would have 2 saturdays.

What I found that does work ( well enough) is a fitted seat cover made of shearling wool. The wool is thick and about 1 1/4 inch long. It stands up like a flat top haircut circa 1958. Mine cost 220$ and covers front and back but not passenger backrest - that would cost more. The thing makes my bike look like it is half buffalo but it really does sit well. It works very well in the desert heat - 110F. Here in Arizona I haven't ridden on it soaked with rain but otherwise I am comfortable recommending to other riders this is a way to spend your money to be comfortable and not blow a TON of money on a custom seat.

Ride!

#22 ·
Question on Day-Long Saddle

I am a newbie on this forum and as a Goldwing owner. This thread caught my attention because one of my first purchases for my 2002 GL1800 is going to be a new seat.

I wondered if anyone has had any experience with the Russell Day-Long custom seat. I spoke to them and they have some good write-ups on their website (but no one purs bad write-ups on their advertising).

I need heat for the passenger and the backrest. They provide that and they build the seat for the individual rider and passenger, using information about heights, weights, and a couple of pictures of their normal seating position.

The price doesn't seem unreasonable. They claim the production time to be approximately 2 weeks plus front and back shipping times. Does anyone know if that is accurate? I would not want to loose my ride for to much longer than that.

Any input could be helpful. Thanks in advance.

#24 ·
Intruder, Don't personally have experiance with Russell but have read some good independent info on other sites that praise them & one of the guys my brother rides with has one & "Wouldn't trade it for anything". I will tell you they caught my eye as well when I was looking at custom seats. Another option may be this link below. He is in Ephrata & when I talked to him he told me if I rode down to his shop & went into town to kill 2-4 hrs he would have it done with heat & pads installed. Alot less money than the Russell. You may want to call him to talk & get a quote.

http://www.buttbuffer.com/contact.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.