Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you might remember back in May I took a fall and banged up my fight shoulder. There was more to the story that I didn't tell you because I wasn't sure where it was going at the time. Now we know so here it is.
During the CT scan to look at my shoulder they noticed spots on my liver, that started the search. With out all the details they found the source of the problem which is a growth in my Colon that had started to spread, the good news so far it's only too the liver. So as the nurse in the ER said the fall that injured my shoulder was a Blessing in that we found this thing in it's fairly early stage.
So Tomorrow, I start my Chemotherapy treatment. I've had the chemo port install in my chest, the treatment consists of a three med cocktail that is administered through the port in my chest over a 46 hour period. Good part is I don't have stay in the hospital, they hook a bag with the meds in it up to the port and send me home, I come back in two days and they remove the bag, and I free for two weeks and we repeat the process every two weeks for the next 6 months. And hopefully the stuff goes into remission.
So now you Know.

·
Super Moderator
10,921 Posts
Prayers sent that it does go into remission. It is good that they found it early.

·
Administrator
25,969 Posts
Ron, thank you for sharing this with all of us. There is indeed strength in numbers and this fellowship here is a big number for sure. Goes without saying that you are in our thoughts and prayers. 0:)

·
Super Moderator
13,822 Posts
I'm glad you found out early. Sure pray the Chemotherapy treatment goes easy and does the job. We will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Super Moderator
27,558 Posts
You can knock the #%$* out of this thing Ron (ny). Tell our Betty to make sure she keeps you on that leash so all goes well.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Great catch Ron. It is amazing how often something bad actually turns out good. I hope your treatments aren't too bad and they do the job. Prayers sent.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Stay strong, Ron. 15 years ago my wife was diagnosed with early-stage leukemia and went through the chemo treatments. She is still in remission today and doing fine. Keep the faith.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts