Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my am/fm cassette from a seller on ebay yesterday evening and installed. It's been months with an am/fm my friend installed when the original lost the right channel. I lost the lcd display for everything,had to look down to find a station when traveling,and it didn't have enough power to drive the new J&M speakers. I started looking for my replacement last fall without any real luck. Someone at work told me about Sierra electronics and I contacted them. They gave me a quote of $103+shipping to start repairs and would bill me if it went over that amount. I'd considered it and was in the process of fixing it myself (lack of schematics made it harder) one side of the amp was out. I looked everywhere placed wanted ads and kept plugging along. Finally last week I found mine on ebay:D and bid figuring that the price would climb out of sight like all the rest.:eek: the only issue stated in the ad was the cassette might not work hmmm big deal not an issue I have XM. Anyway It's in and works great drives the J&M's like it's supposed to and I'm a happy camper again. Total with shipping $77.68 well worth the time searching being as cheap as I am. I'll use the old one for parts because they're identical, and keep the am/fm as a backup music sure makes the miles roll by easier.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Nice to hear a success story 89GL. PM coming

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Glad you found your replacement and everything worked out for you. Now you can sing while you ride. Nothing like listining to a little CCR while motoring down the highway... Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Can't say I helped, but I sure didn't thwart your efforts. Yahoo ! " If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it ........ " ~ Twelfth Night.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL now on to the last two issues reverse and cruise.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts