Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Canton, GA. tonight. I stopped by a friend's place to bolt up a car tire for a test ride. Then we rode over to Traxxion Dynamics, where I decided to give my bike the upgraded front and rear suspension, the tapered headset bearings and the billet aluminum triple trees. The bike will be ready tomorrow afternoon, right after I pay the $3K bill. :eek: Then I'm taking it for a good test ride on the car tire. I might move over to ... The Dark Side!

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
the ride from ky to ga sounds good to me. hope all goes well with the transformation

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
3 grand......holy cow...please inform us if it was worth the $$$ after your ride home. I'm eager to know.

Thanks & congrats on your upgrades!

Mark

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeah. It was a spontaneous thing. I am planning to keep this bike until I die, which, according to prophecy and the Mayans, should be around December 21,2012. So I figured I would invest the money to get it the way I want it, and hopefully, I'll have a short time to ride it before I have to figure out how to mount the machine guns and rocket launchers.

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
I've read where a number of folks have gone the Traxxion route for their Wings. Most of them seem to like the difference in handling. Since I'm not an overly aggressive rider, I don't know that I'm that dissatisfied with the stock suspension to put out $3k but that's the nice thing about this country. Your $$, your bike.... your choice.

Good luck and hope you like it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am fairly mechanically inclined. The demonstrations, the explanation and the products shown at TD convinced me that they have a superior product. I'll let you know what the results are.

·
Registered
246 Posts
For What It's Worth Department:

I was quoted a price of $240.00 to install Tapered Bearing on my 2010 Wing. I do have the "Wing Wobble", even with a Super Brace. Dunlop E3 tires only have 6,000 miles on them and the air pressure is kept at 41lbs, front and back. The air pressure was recommended by the Dunlop dealer/representative at 2011 Americade in Lake George, NY. The Wing Wobble is noticeable at 40mph, after that, nada. Still love the Wing and still learning about it.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
I'm not unhappy with my bike's front end thus far and not plannng on an upgrade...yet. I would consider the Traxxion set-up or the Racetech though. I'll have to wait unitl I see a need for it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not an aggressive rider either, but HOLY COW! After diving into a few turns with the Traxxion setup, I may well BECOME one!

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
I'm not an aggressive rider either, but HOLY COW! After diving into a few turns with the Traxxion setup, I may well BECOME one!
Don't become too aggressive... Glad you like the new setup. Is there a warranty with the Traxxion setup? Ride safe and enjoy..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.