Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ride plans for the "It ain't Cody tour"::VeryHot:
Thursday the 25th:
Riding to Waysider Restaurant in Tuscaloosa for breakfast. Making a couple stops along the way to the Eldorado Resort in Shreveport, La.
Friday the 26th: Dissecting Texas on the way to Las Cruces, NM. to meet my Army son.
Saturday the 27th: Ride along the Rio Grande in his attempt to complete an Iron Butt.

I stress "attempt" because he has no idea. So you "IB" Bashers, your comments aren't welcome here. His plan to do an IB is a huge reason I passed on Cody and am riding to meet him.
It will be interesting to say the least. He rides a Sport Bike with minimal wind protection and only 120 mile range. I asked what his plan for hydration in 95f plus temps were. He responded "I keep a bottle of water in my jacket".:hahaha:
That's where Ol' Dad comes in. I will take an extra hydration kit and cooling vest for when he cries "Uncle". I can also keep an eye on him in case we need to shut the mission down.

I WILL be posting pics along the way......

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
The Waysider is 168 miles from Warwgn's Garage which in turn is 4 hours from Shreveport, sounds like Lunch would be in order. I think I should just take Thursday off and fire up the oil and have some Fried catfish for lunch, feel like stopping by for a free meal and a peek at the bug?

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Waysider is 168 miles from Warwgn's Garage which in turn is 4 hours from Shreveport, sounds like Lunch would be in order. I think I should just take Thursday off and fire up the oil and have some Fried catfish for lunch, feel like stopping by for a free meal and a peek at the bug?

I hate for you to take off work, but if your home I will be coming right by there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
I need a day off, been going crazy and will be pulling long hours the next couple days so a day off on Thursday sounds perfect!

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need a day off, been going crazy and will be pulling long hours the next couple days so a day off on Thursday sounds perfect!
Looks like I'll be having Catfish for lunch on Thursday. I will opt for an earlier stop and forgo the breakfast at Waysider.

Look at us having our own little meet and greet. Heck, Chopin should make an appearance.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
If he wants to stop by too that is fine with me!! Just need to know who will show up by Wed so I can pick up the fish on the way home. Got a real good local guy I get the fillets from, pass by his shop everyday.

Not the full catfish bash, but just a catfish lunch, will still taste just as good though.

·
Super Moderator
15,090 Posts
have fun and be safe! with you along your son will have no problem earning his IBA number

·
Super Moderator
14,123 Posts
Sounds like a good plan. It ain't Cody but it ought to be good anyway.

He still has the youth can overcome all attitude. Some times it can. Glad you will be along just in case.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
No worries Lee, that's only 8.33 tanks of fuel for his 1st IBA "success". It's good you are along to em, guide the lad though.

G

·
0 Posts
:smile2: Nothing like riding side by side with your son. His ambition will overcome the lack of experience. Keep it safe young man.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha!!! Really funny stuff.... My son has decided to fly in because his bikes giving trouble. So essentially, I have been screwed out of the Cody trip. I guess lunch at Dustin's and a night in Shreveport will have to do. I am so happy!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Wow sorry to hear that Phil, hate that your plans keep getting changed. Well do what makes sense and you need to adjust no problems here.

·
Premium Member
23,675 Posts
Haha!!! Really funny stuff.... My son has decided to fly in because his bikes giving trouble. So essentially, I have been screwed out of the Cody trip. I guess lunch at Dustin's and a night in Shreveport will have to do. I am so happy!!!!

Time to send in the Marines ?

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow sorry to hear that Phil, hate that your plans keep getting changed. Well do what makes sense and you need to adjust no problems here.

I'm still headed your way. Gonna make the best out of it.

·
Super Moderator
14,123 Posts
Well crap. But enjoy the ride you do make and Dustin will serve up a good meal to make it all better.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts