Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
2021 dct tour
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nobody likes being a newbie.I have been recently dejected and not admitted to the the geezer gang馃槕 ...I am too young I am 58 you must be 65, I implored them to accept me boy are they missing out! ok. I really just want to ride with everyone, I have a 10 year old son I Love to ride dirt bikes with him, I have a friend who's damn near 80 I like to ride motorcycles with him.Leaving my sport bike behind ,I have bought a new gold wing and entered the world of tardy, constant Dillydallying, saddle bags the highway. There must be a group of you cats out there that rides spontaneously are retired or not. I live in Washington and am ready to go riding long haul or short. It very well could be the gold wing club o the future

Administrator
There are plenty of us, but we are scattered. You put out a ride and if there is anyone around they may tag along. We could meet for lunch in the Four Corners area. It's about 1400 miles from me. I'll just have to work around this work thing I've got going on for the next 15 months and 15 days.

What part of Washington? I get there for work from time to time. My Incident Command Team comes up available on Friday. If we end up in Washington you can visit me on the bike and make me jealous. Ron Robertson did that twice.

Registered
2021 dct tour
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Olympia, and nothing would make me happier, I've been retired a long time, and can roll pretty much whenever , now that I have saddle bags my range has been extended from border to border, I have a wife, and even at 58 I have a 10 year old son, but she is my wife and an understanding one at that, I would like that very much

Registered
2021 dct tour
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's up with mid October at 4 corners?I am about 1300 from it. You figure there are enough leef peepers out there? You? To late in the year?

Administrator
Well, I'm just teasing. I will most likely be headed to a large wildfire somewhere out your way early next week. We get assigned for at least two weeks and often get extended a week or two. Then I'll have some time to catch up at work with our fall fire season. RayJ and I have a Texas ride planned for early November along the Rio Grande and coast. But next year I hope to set aside enough time to ride out to Arizona or Utah. Maybe early May.

My oldest Grandson is 8 and he rides with me a little. He was learning about Mount Rushmore in school and I mentioned that we could ride the motorcycle out there. He thought that was a good idea. I may work on that for next May. They get out of school here early in May.

Premium Member
I am not in the Geezer Gang yet. We could head out for a ride this coming Sunday. You may have a couple of things to get over.
1/ Getting into Australia.

2/ Finding yourself a bike.

3/ Understanding the lingo of the locals.

I guess the good thing would be that you would have a local translator. :ROFLMAO:

Administrator
Sometimes you just need to pick a destination and post about it. You would be surprised who may send you a message to get together along your ride. My wife and I have made more than a few encounters just as such along our travels.

Last year we had a M&G here in our town that we hosted and those are always a great opportunity to ride and gather. Unfortunately due to the fear of travel for many folks and people having problems with their big toe (inside joke), we only had 1 awesome couple from Michigan who attended. Mind you, we four had a great time, and it was everyone else's loss but keep an eye out for if a member decides to host a M&G.

Reactions: Cantankerous

Registered
2021 dct tour
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am not in the Geezer Gang yet. We could head out for a ride this coming Sunday. You may have a couple of things to get over.
1/ Getting into Australia.

2/ Finding yourself a bike.

3/ Understanding the lingo of the locals.

I guess the good thing would be that you would have a local translator. :ROFLMAO:
Sometimes you just need to pick a destination and post about it. You would be surprised who may send you a message to get together along your ride. My wife and I have made more than a few encounters just as such along our travels.

Last year we had a M&G here in our town that we hosted and those are always a great opportunity to ride and gather. Unfortunately due to the fear of travel for many folks and people having problems with their big toe (inside joke), we only had 1 awesome couple from Michigan who attended. Mind you, we four had a great time, and it was everyone else's loss but keep an eye out for if a member decides to host a M&G.
Well, I'm just teasing. I will most likely be headed to a large wildfire somewhere out your way early next week. We get assigned for at least two weeks and often get extended a week or two. Then I'll have some time to catch up at work with our fall fire season. RayJ and I have a Texas ride planned for early November along the Rio Grande and coast. But next year I hope to set aside enough time to ride out to Arizona or Utah. Maybe early May.

My oldest Grandson is 8 and he rides with me a little. He was learning about Mount Rushmore in school and I mentioned that we could ride the motorcycle out there. He thought that was a good idea. I may work on that for next May. They get out of school here early in May.
I would be into the Mountout

I am considering trailering my wing In the Winter, yes I intend to fly South for the Winter, Release myself somewhere in Sacramento California and then Head down the coast On the Texas side, I don't believe I can leave it in the garage all Winter

Registered
2021 dct tour
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I would be interested in heading to Mount Rushmore with my son that ride would be perfect next year please keep in touch

Administrator
If you are looking to ride and meet up, I'll be in Redding, CA for work the next couple weeks. I'm assigned to the Monument Fire and the Incident Command Post is at the Holiday Inn in Redding. It's my turn to be lead Operations so I'll be working out of the ICP. With all the fires out that way, I'm not sure what the back roads conditions and closures are, but I've been on Hwy 36 through Mad River to the south on a fire a while back and that road is on my bucket list. Hwy 299 should be just as good, but it does go right through the Monument Fire area.

Registered
2021 dct tour
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you are looking to ride and meet up, I'll be in Redding, CA for work the next couple weeks. I'm assigned to the Monument Fire and the Incident Command Post is at the Holiday Inn in Redding. It's my turn to be lead Operations so I'll be working out of the ICP. With all the fires out that way, I'm not sure what the back roads conditions and closures are, but I've been on Hwy 36 through Mad River to the south on a fire a while back and that road is on my bucket list. Hwy 299 should be just as good, but it does go right through the Monument Fire area.
I believe I can leave October 7th Monday "daylight savings day ya all" Don't forget to set your clocks . But anyway I'm hoping to cut through Montana If the weather permits, or or head down to California and Hopefully make it all the way to the East Coast. I would really like to meet up with other goldWinger's, if possible,go as far as we can,hear about what's going on and then continue on. I have birthdays to deal with until the 7th Let me know when you're in the area.. Be safe right?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts