Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did it, I ordered my Ultimate King Rider seat today. I ordered it with the rider and passenger backrest and in full Red Ostrich Inlays.

I just hope I didn't screw up! I have searched all over the web for pictures on this same seat with red inlays on a Dark Red Wing and there are very very few. The ones I did find are older stitch patterns and the red inlay looks kind of "bright" against the Dark red paint. Bet then I see more recent pictures that show it looking much darker and blend better with the paint.
I thought long and hard about it and decided to go with the red inlays. I like the look of the black inlays too but the pictures I saw of the wing with the new rivco armrest looks drop dead sexy! That bike belongs to the owner of Rivco and is identical to mine.
If it looks anything like these pictures, I will be a happy Man!

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Looks durn fine ta me Buzzy!

·
Registered
455 Posts
It's your ride man, whatever makes you happy is all that matters!!!! :)

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Yes Sir I will but this is NOT the surprise I mentioned a week or so ago!:D
Don't tell Mz. Vickie but....... I have a few friendly riders from up my way heading to the Wing Ding and I might just tag along. I have a contact that lives 30 mile east of Knoxville so I don't have to sleep on the streets or double bunk with anyone.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't tell Mz. Vickie but....... I have a few friendly riders from up my way heading to the Wing Ding and I might just tag along. I have a contact that lives 30 mile east of Knoxville so I don't have to sleep on the streets or double bunk with anyone.
What day you plan on getting there? We changed our route up a little. Actually we reversed it........lol. July 2nd we will be in New Orleans, then Destin, Fl the 3rd and 4th, Up to Deals Gap for the 5th and we will be in Knoxville for the 6th and stay thru Friday then head home VIA Nashville and Memphis ( Elvis )......lol.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Nice looking seat Buzzy. Hope it feels as good as it looks..

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Buzzy, that bike in the picture looks more like the magenta 1500 from '95 or so, your bike is more blood red (methinks).

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Buzzy, that bike in the picture looks more like the magenta 1500 from '95 or so, your bike is more blood red (methinks).
I am pretty sure it is an 06-08. Those are the only years I jnow of that use the m-303 paint. Also, if that were true, I would like to see how he got the trunk, bags and seat to fit a 1500 Wing.

·
Registered
470 Posts
That lighter Red is a nice contrast, if it were me I would find some same color and width stripes to match and follow that from the seat onto the tank! IMHO that would tie it all together nicely....:D

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That lighter Red is a nice contrast, if it were me I would find some same color and width stripes to match and follow that from the seat onto the tank! IMHO that would tie it all together nicely....:D
Calm down my friend, Lets see what it looks like before I go running "War Paint" across the cross section!:D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Buzzy, Looks good. I hope it feels as good as it looks. I have yet to find a Honda seat that was comfortable for me and have ended up changing them out. I have a little over 10K on my 2010 Wing that I got 9.5 montrhs ago and have added the Air Hawk to the seat, but it still isn't quite right, if you know what I mean. I am waiting for Wing Ding to look at seats and seat vendors. The wife says she loves the back seat and not to mess with it. The drivers seat is just not a comfortable as I would like it, or expect it to be.
I'll see you at Deals Gap, I'll be there the night of the 5th also and then Wing Ding on the 6th.

·
Registered
232 Posts
...That bike belongs to the owner of Rivco and is identical to mine...
So, that is why he has the new arm rests that we are all salivating over! :rolleyes:

Just kidding! I think that looks great for you and I hope they turn out just like that!

I am going to get my Ultimate seats ordered shortly; they are worth twice the money! I have them on my 1600 Road Star and love them... as does my wife!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts