Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I have put on extensive miles this summer travelling on the Gold Wing. So it was no surprise that new tires are now in order. Have chosen Dunkop Elite III's for replacement tires.

However the dealer has quoted me two (2) hours to change the front & rear tires at a cost of $ 180.00 ( includes balancing ). The service dept is supposedly going by Honda's Service Manual pricing guidelines.

This is my first Gold Wing ( 08 ) and was purchased new this spring. I figured it should only take an hour to replace both tires.

I'm I out to lunch on this ... is the sevice dept inept or worse taking advantage of me ???

·
Registered
469 Posts
Tire change?

I just had a front tire mounted & balanced on my 87A, it cost me $35.00 for the work, $5 "invironmental" charge..:rolleyes:
That was for a Dunlop D404. However, that was off the bike, I just took the bare wheel in (no tire). I haven't had to remove my rear wheel yet,( tire is new) but, there is a fair bit of labour involved. $180.00 sounds a bit high....but I'm no expert! At least having it done at a qualified dealer will give you piece of mind that it "should" be done right..:)

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Take it to an accessory shop, tire mounting here runs about $125.00 to $150.00 with the tires on the bike, only about $25.00 a wheel if you take them off and bring them to the shop. The rear wheel is easy and can save you a lot of money. It comes off like a car wheel.

·
Super Moderator
15,239 Posts
i paid $140 to have my f & r tires changed, they did all the work, i just dropped the bike off. got it back later that day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts