Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost a year after the crash that took the 1500 and damaged the newly painted trailer, that same trailer made it home yesterday after spending all this time in my brothers garage. Again, newly painted to match the new bike, all I need now is the hitch! So much to do, so little time!:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,265 Posts
Nice looking setup.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Very Nice....I like the Bushtec

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
Great looking rig. Always thought a Wing and trailer looked classy...

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Very nice looking......

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Officially back on the road:D As of today, this is the farthest the newly painted trailer has been towed...either time:eek: I won't get any points for the lighting, but I couldn't resist stopping for the photo op

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,632 Posts
Nice set up Whacker.:cool: What's the skinny on your hitch? What brand, where'd you get it, and who installed it? Need input...;)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will have to get a better pic, not much time standing in the middle of the turnpike, got what I could:rolleyes:

Anyway, I ordered the Bushtec hitch and isolator relay from Wingstuff, dropped shipped from Bushtec, I went with the Bushtec hitch for the 6 point mount. Everthing was perfect but they forgot to include the pin lock, had to call for that and a bike side wire harness, the isolator has a factory plug instead of loose wires. I was worried about the install, debated whether I would do or let the dealer, been reading reviews and such, but the instructions were spot on, pictures and all. The install went very easy and when I did need an extra hand my 5yoa grandson was there to help:D. Didn't have to loosen or move the mufflers to slide in the hoops. 2 "headaches", lining up the upper supports and that nut on the right side lower subframe, but even those weren't too terrible, centering the thing was probably the hardest thing to do, had to find a suitable reference.

Wiring not tough either, although the instruction for the plug and play in the top box was backwards, I unsoldered 2 connections before I found the mistake:mad: I intend to email them about that.

All in all, not nearly what I thought it was going to be, total job time (with dinner and straightening out the wiring) about 4 hours. The thing seems to be rock solid, and fits perfectly, seems to be a well engineered hitch, wouldn't hesitate to recommend to others :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts