Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends!
I was going to write a review on The Bike Barn motorcycle cover. I purchased one to roll my Wing into as my shop just isn't big enough for my Wing and my woodworking adventures.

I have a problem with it and it's now been two days and still no reply from customer service. I don't know about you guys, but if I pay good money for a product and it doesn't work right, I'll make a lot of allowences provided I get some email, a phone call or something that at least acknowledges that I have a problem. I don't think that is asking too much. So, stay tuned for a full report. I like the idea of this cover and it works really good. Trouble is, it leaks and the ad says it's not supposed to LEAK!

We had a good rain and I had to go peek under the tent to see how my bike was doing. The back seat was a bird bath! I'm not talking a drip here or there! There was a damn puddle in the passenger seat!

So, provided I get some satisfaction, I'll write you back. Right now, I'm with holding judgement.

HO, HO, HO!
Locknut!

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
Picture please. I have a close neighbor with something like of what you speak. I don't know the brand name of his, but if I saw yours I might instantly recognize it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bike Barn Pictures

My digital camera is on the fritz right now but if you go to www.thebikebarn.net you will see what it looks like. I'm basically happy with it, but it's not supposed to LEAK on my NEW BIKE!!
Stay tuned for futher news if Bike Barn addresses my issue.
Oh, click on the Tourer cover. It fits Wings and the big dresser Harley's.
Locknut

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
That has to be it. He has it paked infront of his townhose. I'll give him a call today to confirm and ask him about its weatherproofness.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Just a thought locknut, but is there a 'sag' in the cover? Any tarp will act as a permeable membrane allowing moisture to leach through if it is allowed to make contact with what's underneath it. Tenting the cover so moisture will run off will usually prevent this from happening. I've done this with boat tarps for many years. I'm not saying you don't have an issue with your bike barn, but if you get no satisfaction this may help alleviate your puddle problem.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
too bad they don't make a hard shell version it would be great for guys like us locknut

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
Locknut: I spoke with Don today and does indeed have the " BikeBarn " . No complaints from him and he has been using it for about 7 years now. He has replaced the cover portion once from both weathering and some tear mishaps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts