Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Woo Hoo!! Half way....5 days to the promised land.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Big Daddy, that didn't take you long! LOL!
Go to the Aussies are here and beyond or whatever for a laugh!
from Vanessa

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today worked out pretty well, Eric called me this morning, and the were headed to Sioux Falls, where they were going to stop at a Honda dealer to get a new helmet. We decided that I would meet up with them there. They called back shortly after that, and had ran into a little rain, so they were going to skip the dealer, and just head to Austin. I was already on my way, so I didnt know how well our meeting time was going to time up. They were going to stop in Worthington Mn. for gas so we decided to try and meet there. I got there before they did, so I filled up, and used the little boys room. I only had to wait about 10 minutes, and here they come down the off ramp. made it back to Austin about 5:00, and were going to hook back up for dinner. Tatanka was on his way from the Cities, but didnt make it far before he turned around because of the wind. (no windshield, and lots of wind dont mix). Went to the truck stop for supper, and sat there for probably 3 hours, just BS'ing. Going to hook up about 8:00 in the morning to head out, we are going to ride with them for a ways, and probably have lunch, then turn around and head back home. Had a great time with some new friends, only wish we had more time to come all the way to the meet.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Vanessa, Sue is on the internet checking out Australia, and she says she wants to go to Kangaroo Island! LOL

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Hi, No Problems, Just off the coast from Adelaide, our city. It is our state's premier tourist spot. We will come with you. We spent our honeymoon there but haven't been back.. Yet! ask Eric about the goanna. Will only need a couple of days to see everything. It is only a little island. Plenty of Koalas but no cuddling those, there are seals and the Flinders Chase NP at the west end. Some roads are dirt/gravel so you'd need to get some practise in. :D There are caves and fabulous fresh crayfish and prawns. Want to pencil in a date? Vanessa

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
Well, Well, Well Mates you are inching ever closer. Tomorrow you should be in Illinois.

Be weary of the culture shock of the wide open spaces of the West. You are about to enter the lands of population.:eek:

But it's all good, just remember Frackville is a small little town.;)

B.D. & Sue thanks for taking care of the Mates in your state.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
No trip to Minnesota would be complete without a visit to a town called Foley. There you will find living relics of my family tree.

·
Administrator
15,290 Posts
I was really hoping the weather would cooperate for everyone, but I guess that was too much to hope for. Glad you got to meet them and are getting to ride some. Of course thanks for the pictures.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Nicely done Big Daddy! Too bad about the wind forcing Tatanka back. If I'm ever back in the twin Cities area for meetings I'll be sure and give him a shout.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts