Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode "new to me" 94 Goldwing today 285 miles.

I left out of Seattle, rode to Monroe.... up the mountain on Highway 2 to Leavenworth. I had a bratwurst and brochen and then rode east to hiway 97 and then south to I90. I didn't gas up until I had 200 miles on the bike.... and it took 5.15 gallons of gas. That gave me 38.75 mpg at 70 - 80 mph. It was a great ride. The high today was 70 degrees with sunshine and no wind. Great day. Physically I could have done more miles but I had gotten my fill and it was time to be home.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I go out for a cup of coffee and when I get back home I ususlly have 180 to 200 miles on the bike, it just always seems to get lost on the way home :) :D

·
Registered
793 Posts
Wish I could get 200 mile on a tank of gas, but riding two up and pulling a trailer sucks up some fuel. 1,700 miles into trip right now and about another 1,200 to go.

·
Banned
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I was too

I would love to be out on the road like what you are doing. Next summer........ I am going to ride to South Dakota for the rally and then to visit family as I am originally from South Dakota.

Wish I could get 200 mile on a tank of gas, but riding two up and pulling a trailer sucks up some fuel. 1,700 miles into trip right now and about another 1,200 to go.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Well done Larry. I just got back from a two day jaunt (business related) but at least I got to ride. Funny thing is, it was warmer and 'nicer' than just about any two days in mid/late August and up to mid September for here.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Sounds like a great day. US 2 is on my bucket list from Michigan to Everett, WA. Glad you enjoyed the day.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Well this is the time of year to catch the colors..... the maples are turning and it is fantastic side show.
I miss the colors. The leaves turn down here but just a few at a time and nothing like the sugar maples. I was on the Ohio River this past week and saw a few scattered maples turning golden. I'll write about my rides the last 8 days when I get the cable for my camera from the office.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts