Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I recall correctly, the tank on a 1500 hjolds about 5.2 gallons.? Tonight after work, I put 5.21 gallons in it.:eek: I have about a 35 mile ride home from work, and when I left work tonight, the gauge read below empty. But I figured what the heck, even tho I was getting horable milage on this tank, I figured I could still make it home. I did, but was cutting it close!

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
when the low fuel lite on the dash comes on you have one gallon left in the tank. i find that when the needle is on " E " there are two gallons in the tank, atleast with my 1500 wing

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
Ditto......

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
Living on the edge Big Daddy. You a wild man.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
It's when your tank takes 6.4 gal that you realllllllly are on the edge....

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
If you want to check to be sure your low fuel light works & to see how far you can get on a tank. Do what I did.

Put a 1 gallon gas can in your trunk, fuel up reset the mileage & ride, ride, ride. I did it the fuel light came on, I kept riding, riding finally fueled when the odometer hit 228??? I believe & figured then I knew. Always at least fueled when I hit 200 after that & never really looked at the fuel guage again.

·
Premium Member
24,647 Posts
It's good to know your normal range to the final sputter, just remember that every day is different so it's not a given that it will always be the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts