Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi-
Gotta smell of coolant. how hard is it to go thru the coolin systm?
Also, bike runs way cool on the highway but gets on the warm side in town. Stuck Thermostat ? New to wings want to do it myself.
Scott
1990SE

·
Registered
690 Posts
... Howdy ... Is The Radiator Tank Over Filled And Going Out The Overflow Tube ?? How Much Is Too Cool Or Too Hot ??? Is The Fan Coming On At Slow Speeds?? ... Look For Signs Of Antifreeze Seeping Out Of Hoses Or Connections ... Antifreeze Will Leave A Brownish Stain When Dried Or Burnt And Keep A Eye On Tank Levels ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. I will check the coolant tank and look for stains,etc. On the highway it runs at about 1/4 scale up from the cold end and around town(on a cool nite) it runs 2/3 or so scale from cold to the hot end, and it smells warm to. it seems to be acting as if the thermostat is stuck partially open. is the thermostat a hard item to reach. I do have the factory manual I want to get a clymer or one of the other aftermarket repair manuals.
Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
690 Posts
... Howdy ... Get A Honda Manual About $55. Clymers And Others Have Misinformation In Them And Will End Up Costing You $$$ In The Long Run ... You're Temps. Seem To Be In The Correct Range ... Put The Wing Up On The Centerstand And Let It Idle Till The Fan Comes On ... If No Fan Shut It Down And That Might Be The Hot Prob. If Any ... Happy Trails ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts