Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will keep this comment simple an as nice as I can. That other forum simply makes me want to sell my Goldwing and never think about it again. It is a strange group of people. I have participated in many motorcycle forums including the GSXer forum where they swear at you routinely.But there is something just plain unfriendly about everyone over there.
God bless all of you and your kindness even towards the stupidiest questions.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
I've been hanging around here for a while and everybody has been pretty friendly. Haven't see n any attitudes at all yet.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I'll assume we are talking about the same " other " forum. It's a tough place and you can't be sensitive and survive there as an active member. Best to use it as a resource. Look but don't talk ! I offered some advice and suggested an additional product to a member and one of the high post count fellows said that product was crap . So what did I do ? I deleted my comment so his comment looked pretty stupid and irrelevant standing there all alone as it didn't even address the OP's question. I don't get mad, I get even.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hmmmmm....now ya got me wondering. I've been on 3,4 Goldwing forums this past year. Wondering which one you are talking about. Yes, a couple of them have people who are very critical, or maybe have poor social skills when responding to questions.(read "nasty"??)
And. being so new to all of this, I have questions all the time.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I've noticed a number of folks have recently joined us from the other forums. Chopin and I are also on "the other" forum and if you were to check the post counts you would see a BIG difference. So I guess you can tell on which forum we feel most comfortable.

But I'm like Chopin, I use that forum and others like it for information. I will say I have met some folks from the other forum and have enjoyed riding with them.

I guess it's the same with any forum..... It only takes a few people, and they are in the minority, to make it unenjoyable for others. So lets continue to work at keeping our forum enjoyable for everyone. Ride safe....

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Hmmmmm....now ya got me wondering. I've been on 3,4 Goldwing forums this past year. Wondering which one you are talking about. Yes, a couple of them have people who are very critical, or maybe have poor social skills when responding to questions.(read "nasty"??)
And. being so new to all of this, I have questions all the time.
You may have been on it. But it is almost exclusively an 1800 forum. And I mean " exclusive ".

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Sounds like someone has been over at the 'Planet X' forum.
I belong to three decent Wing Forums, no 'Riff-Raff'. This one plus www.goldwingdocs.com and http://www.gl1800.org/ and for trikes it's http://www.lonestartrikes.proboards.com/index.cgi (I'm part of the team there, a Moderator).

I just don't bother with some forums, for many reasons. One had a poster that loved to put misleading or malicious information in a response, some gave information that had nothing to do with the question and others were just 'cliques' and they made new people feel uncomfortable.
If you want your questions answered without being treated poorly, stay here.

·
Registered
470 Posts
OK, I feel left out:( I go on a few other sites..3~4 and I haven't seen,read..or heard stuff like that....clue me in already!...:D
Maybe my "stupid" filter is on high & I just don't see it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have noticed some of the same things happening on the other forums also. One of the things that really gets me is when some one asks a serious question about his bike and the subject seems to mystically get hijacked completely off subject. I always thought that these forums were for helping each other and providing good information, and not hijack each others forums. Thanks for starting this one. I have always wanted to say something about that but was kinda afraid to post anything.

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Over on the Lone Star Trike Forum where I am a moderator a familiar name signed on, an individual probably tired of poor treatment and improper behavior. The idea behind these forums is to share information, share humor and to help the new Wing owner; not to belittle them because they don't know and are seeking an answer to a question.

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts
'Riff-Raff'.

Hmmm, I seem to remember that name had something to do with bikers.

*Sits back to see if anybody catches the reference.*

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
well i don't have an issue with this other forum you guys are talking about but my favorites for wings are this forum, classicgoldwings.com, and goldwingdocs.com. i like the 1200 goldwing forum too

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
well i don't have an issue with this other forum you guys are talking about but my favorites for wings are this forum, classicgoldwings.com, and goldwingdocs.com. i like the 1200 goldwing forum too
It's funny detdr. The " other " forum has not been named and each one of us could be referring to a different one. Neither does it need to be named. The important thing is our forum is not on the S list.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
It's funny detdr. The " other " forum has not been named and each one of us could be referring to a different one. Neither does it need to be named. The important thing is our forum is not on the S list.
no the other forum hasn't been named but i think it was mentioned that the forum was for 1800's and you know that i have a 1500 and1200 wing :) so no problem with that other forum

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
OK Here is one Ole Fossil's opinion.

We have a great site here. Why don't we just leave it at that. I'm reminded of what happens when either Sports people or Celebrities gloat. Just about the time they rub it in someone elses face, That's when they fall the hardest.

Remember folks everybody has to have their own thing. No sense in kicking the sleeping dog on the Front Porch.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
It's time to name the " other " forum: http://www. Honda 750 Nighthawk wannabe GL1800 rider forum.
they are a tough crowd on that forum, they don't like cb450 nighthawks just because cb450sc's use less blinker fluid :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
And I thought this was the only site :D

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
And I thought this was the only site :D
it is :D and by the way where is home for you roliveri/ i see you have a '73 cb 250 listed as one of your previous bikes and honda didn't sell cb250 in the usa in '73

1 - 20 of 34 Posts