Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is that ONE accessory that you would like to see come standard from Honda on the Gold Wing?

What about something from an aftermarket company?

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I'd have to say highway pegs/boards. For anyone six feet tall or more, it is almost a necessity.

Oh, and why even consider CD's on a bike when the iPod option is less weight and clutter? (all those CD's that aren't currently in the changer, etc.)

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
I'd have to say highway pegs/boards. For anyone six feet tall or more, it is almost a necessity.

Oh, and why even consider CD's on a bike when the iPod option is less weight and clutter? (all those CD's that aren't currently in the changer, etc.)
and a driver backrest

·
Registered
60 Posts
Utopia style backrest, gear indicator, an adjustable windshield that can be operated with one hand/button while riding.

Oh you asked for one thing....sorry.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
that 1 thing...

An anti wobble kit; an auxilliary gas tank, a combo foot board for driver with a heel toe shifter.

·
Registered
466 Posts
There is no "One" thing. But if I had to pick something, it would be a "Kit" that cures a specific problem.
And that one kit for me would be COMFORT!
I would like to see a kit that includes a mechanical handle bar adjustment ( automatic would add too much weight ) , a Back rest, Highway boards and a narrower fairing near the bottom where your legs hit, Adjustable stock pegs that can be relocated forward along with the brake and shifter and last but not least, seat options!! They could easily make two styles of seats. One as it is now and one that moves both the rider and passenger back 2 inches and add some friggin cushion in there!!.

Call it the "Standard" comfort package and the "Tall Rider" comfort package. I would gladly have paid extra premium like say, $500 for the replacement of the standard to the Tall Rider package.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
If I had to pick one item, I'd have to go with the electric adjust windshield. I mean, the doggone thing should come with one from the get go; the ST1300 has one for Godsake. A bit if a sore spot with me that one.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
I personally miss the CB that was on my 98 GL1500 SE and I just can't justify spending $650 for the unit and antenna.

·
Vendor
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The number one requested item that we hear constantly at wingstuff is the Electric Windshield. Driver Backrest and Boards are a close second and third....

·
Registered
219 Posts
For me i would like to see those vents in front of your legs work the way they should, i was taken in when shopping for my first wing that i thought that my winter riding time would be extend :( . Haven said that i think highway pegs is a must, coming from a harley i dont think i could ride without them especialy on long rides. Oh and while i'm at it 6th gear would be nice.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have to go with the height issue - highway pegs would be first option!!!

Ordering a set with first service....

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
As a standard item the windshield would be it, and how about a gear indicator!! there are to many different size riders to put a backrest or foot pegs on a bike, a guy 5'7" wouldn't want the same set up a 6'4" guy wants. BMW has a seat that adjusts to two different heights, that might be nice, and an on board computer.

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
How about a Windshield wiper for when you have to ride in the rain. I only said it because no one else did. I really would like the Catherine Zeta Jones Passenger option to be Standard on my bike.:rolleyes: Again not really the little lady is my riding partner.

So seriously now I would probably say electric windshield as well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My vote would be safety, ABS on all. I know you should be able to control without and I do. But I have had cituations where the front trys to lock due to something on the road and you have to be quick. ABS only comes after you order everything else.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I agree with you Joe in Calif. I do think that highway pegs are a must, it was my first and only after market buy so far. I have mine very far forward since I am vertically challenged, but I could not see going even on a short trip without the pegs.

·
Super Moderator
14,409 Posts
Being able to make adjustments to the seat location would be really cool. I'm 6'1" and it starts to feel a little cramped after a while.

·
Registered
32 Posts
at 5ft 11 in i dont need the seat adjust but if they could do it for the ST and make it standard also the electric windshield is standard then i would think it should be also on the Wing but the one option i really think should be standard is the CB the price it is selling for is to me unjustified my 2 cents

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
On-board air compressor like the GL-1500 would be nice on an 1800.

Kury grips with color coordinated rubber inserts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts